Thanks. Are these better than the factory ones like everyone is saying? I just turned 90k and its the original one i think.
Hard to say man. They look/felt much better than the factory one I pulled out. But I found a good deal on a 2500hd like 2 weeks later and traded my 1500 in for the diesel. But in those 2 weeks I had no problems lol, so maybe someone else could have a better response

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 3/16/2019 at 10:05 AM, woody6725 said:

I bought a 2014 gmc sierra a few years back. in august of 2017 my a/c condenser went bad. the standard leak that all the 2014's developed. i was still within the 3 year part of the warranty, but i was over on the mileage by about 3000. i contacted gm, and they had me take it to maroone chevrolet in pembroke pines. the repair bill came to $1000. gm agreed to pay $800, and i paid the remaining $200. i was happy with this. now, 19 months later, the new condenser went bad in exactly the same spot. i contacted gm to see if this would be covered at all, because to me they replaced a defective part with another known defective part. i was told to bring it to vera cadillac/gmc for diagnosis. they verified it was the condenser that failed and told me the repair would be just under $1900. i contacted gm to see if any assistance would be available, seeing as this is a well known and well documented defect. i was basically told too bad, the part only had a 12 month warranty. i told them to put it back together and i would be down to pick it up, because there was no way i was going to pay $1900 for another inferior part that might last another 18 months. i expect parts i get from advance auto to last longer than that. i was then charged $85 dollars for a diagnostic that i never needed, which i actually wasn't as mad about as i could've been, because when i took the truck in they told me the diagnostic was $170. i went to oreilly's and bought one for 147.99 with a lifetime warranty. gonna put it in tomorrow morning and see how that one lasts. 

Well, how'd your install go?

10 minutes ago, Yustinaaron said:

Well, how'd your install go?

Well,, not sure about Yustin, but I litterally just got my condenser delivered about an hour ago.  Im undecided if I wanna install it before or after I have my trans and oil cooler lines replaced. They are both leaking. Good thing I still have the powertrain warranty.

Any lawyers out there that know how we can get a class-action or recall on all 50 states for this.......

It does not seem to want to go away.......

I just dropped mine off to get it replaced - GM is working with me on the cost.... still it is out of pocket and I asked what guarantee do I have that they are not installing the defective part?

Even thought there was a technical service bulletin (TSB) for the 2016 vehicles.... why are the 2014's  and above not covered - even though they had the same part or issue?

Very frustrating...... 

Edited by johnnymordoc

I thought the part numbers are different for the 16+ trucks.

I also dont know why anyone would go to the dealer to have this done. 

So the one from O'Reilly looks to be a quality part. Hope its better than the factory one. And comes with the trans line fittings. But doesnt come with a new gasket.

20190320_164947.jpg

Edited by RACERX7775
Add content

I thought the part numbers are different for the 16+ trucks.

I also dont know why anyone would go to the dealer to have this done. 

So the one from O'Reilly looks to be a quality part. Hope its better than the factory one. And comes with the trans line fittings. But doesnt come with a new gasket.
20190320_164947.thumb.jpg.5d48b9819584dea371fb0bb28a03b4d5.jpg
New gasket for which part? The trans lines just have the retainer ring thing. And they fit real snug, so it they're offset in the slight it's annoying to try getting it all the way back in.

The A/C line gasket.

Very bottom left of my picture.
Oh ok. It's actually a really snug fit once you screw the bolt in and tighten down on it a little bit, I didn't have any problem with it leaking or anything afterwards

Im just thinking for the $3 for the gasket, ill probably just get it for insurance.

Still not sure if I should have the cooler lines replaced before or after I replace the condenser.
If you're going to do them yourself I'd do it all at the same time, if you're going to get someone else to do it I'd see what kinda labor they'd charge to throw the condenser in there too, if the price is right you'd save yourself the mf's and gd's of it all lol

The cooler lines are warranty. So that will be at the dealer. Love my 100k powertrain warranty. I dont wanna even ask about them putting the condenser in. And it looks really easy. I have my gauges and the freon and oil already.

The cooler lines are warranty. So that will be at the dealer. Love my 100k powertrain warranty. I dont wanna even ask about them putting the condenser in. And it looks really easy. I have my gauges and the freon and oil already.
Yea it's not bad, a guy at work literally did his the week before mine, so with him helping it took bout 2 hours, just tight in some areas

• Thanks 1