Bought 2014 dealer won't let me take off lot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it were me, I don't want that truck whether they fix it or not.

That thing has been through He!!. I used to keep my trucks 3-4 years, and I use my trucks like trucks. Drive off road, haul stuff, tow.

I've never replaced shocks and struts in my life on a pickup. Run away fast!

They should of paid for repairs hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has moderate damage on the carfax and is still damaged to the point they consider it unsafe.

Why would he buy this truck when he can buy a lot of other trucks that haven't seen the abuse and damage this one has? Fixed or not?

The dealer did him a big favor breaking the contract, no way I'd take delivery of this vehicle. (even if GM themselves took it back to the factory to make it "good as new")

I agree with the majority here. You need to get out of this deal quick and look elsewhere. Them finding the vehicle is unsafe AFTER selling it is very suspicious. If the dealer has a problem canceling the deal AND giving you your down payment back I know plenty of lawyers that will get that cash back for you.

Thank you guys for the info. Heard from 15HDriver that there is a stop sale on these trucks until they fix a recall. I think the dealership isn't telling me everything. I'll keep you guys updated

Recalls are different. If it is a safety recall (which the steering one is) the dealer MUST fix it AT THEIR COST. They then get reimbursed by the manufacturer (in this case GM). That has nothing to do with needing shocks so don't let them give you the runaround because of the recall.

Like others said I would RUN AWAY. Even if the dealer changes their mind and decides to replace the shocks for free the fact that they hid this makes me wonder how many other things they hid. I'm sure you love the truck but you may have lots of other expensive problems after you get it home. Back out of the deal then start looking for another truck at other dealers.

PS -- Make sure you get the VIN so you don't stumble across the same truck later in your search.

If they give you a hard time about walking away and try to hold your down payment as ransom I would get a paralegal.

Dealerships can be so scummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell I would even take the loss on the down payment if I had to and walk from this deal.

Yes, you don't throw good money after bad.........consider the money well spent for an education from the School of Hard Knocks......my Alma mater.

Archived