Bought 2014 dealer won't let me take off lot

I bought a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT all terrian last Sunday and they just got it in. I've been waiting all week to have it delivered. I got a call today saying the front strut assembly and the back shocks need to be replaced. I got a quote of 902$ And told them no it was fine. Now the dealership won't let me leave the lot for (safety concerns). So my question is are they screwing me with the price and the excuses? I've already signed and everything.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK pardon me, but you bought a used vehicle, they discovered damage after the sale that was so severe they won't even let you drive it, and they are expecting you to pay for the repairs on a vehicle you've never taken possession of, and you agreed?

I sincerely, sincerely hope that is not the case. If it is, and you got anything short of the greatest deal in the all time history of mankind, i suggest you tell them to shove their Sierra up their collective asses and head for the hills....they have a moral, and I'm sure a legal, obligation to deliver you a safe vehicle in good shape. And repairs that are needed to make it such are 100% on them.

Anybody disagree with that?

The vehicle is supposed to pass a safety inspection before the sale.

Not always. Not all states require safety inspections and even then not all states require a sold car to be roadworthy.

It is illegal for them to keep the truck there regardless. If you have a lawyer, all they need to do is call the stealership (I usually despise this word but it's accurate here) and they'll release it if they know what's good for them.

And $900 is insane for shocks/struts. So is the idea that a 3 y/o truck would need it.

OK pardon me, but you bought a used vehicle, they discovered damage after the sale that was so severe they won't even let you drive it, and they are expecting you to pay for the repairs on a vehicle you've never taken possession of, and you agreed?

I sincerely, sincerely hope that is not the case. If it is, and you got anything short of the greatest deal in the all time history of mankind, i suggest you tell them to shove their Sierra up their collective asses and head for the hills....they have a moral, and I'm sure a legal, obligation to deliver you a safe vehicle in good shape. And repairs that are needed to make it such are 100% on them.

Anybody disagree with that?

1,000% Agree. Facts!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You have 3 days I believe for buyers remorse. Walk away most rikitik. Those fools are looking to make you a fool.

This is an urban legend. There is a 3 day period for certain sales contracts but vehicles are exempt.

Not in Ca. True fact.

Not quite. California requires buyers be offered an option to add this ability to the purchase. It isn't automatic and it only applies to vehicles under $40k. Straight from their DMV website.

Archived