Quick question

I hope someone has had this problem and can help.

I purchased the "Eye of Megatron" LED headlights from Amazon made by Hikari. I ordered the 9012 version to replace the current halogen stock headlights on my 2015 GMC Sierra. When I replaced the lights they would not work. I tried moving them to opposite sides and flipping the connector over the way is doesn't clip to make sure the polarity wasn't somehow reversed. They would never come on despite all my efforts. The plug is exactly like the stock plug.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks...

No experience with the brand of leds you bought. Do the wires match up on the connectors? Like red to red and black to black? My guess would be telling me either you have reverse polarity or you need to and a can bus. If you can't get the connectors in the led terminals out to swap them, then as a last resort you could carefully remove the ridge in the connector of the led so it can be turned around. If you have extra wire at home you could make a test harness really quick and test it straight off the battery making sure the bulbs work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought same lights, one turned on other did not. I bought from an advance auto, they tested the lights at shop and they were no good. Ordered new ones came in installed and low beams work great but not hi's. I was told by the tech from hikari that a can bus or load equalizer is needed. I'm hesitant on doing this because the dust cap on projector headlights would need to be drilled in order to get wire through, which would then create condensation. I have not decided yet if i want to keep lights.

I also do not want to have to remove headlight assembly which would be a pita in removing whole front end in order to find the right wires to connect the load equalizer.

Keeping them in the plastic housing is a bad idea because of the high heat they omit.

hope this sort of helped. I may look for a different solution.

This is why LED headlights are a bad idea. return them

This is why LED headlights are a bad idea. return them

We have LED headlights from factory on our Toyota Avalon and I love them. Would love to replace the bulbs/headlights in my 3500HD with LED lights.

We have LED headlights from factory on our Toyota Avalon and I love them. Would love to replace the bulbs/headlights in my 3500HD with LED lights.

That's because they are OEM and designed to work in your Toyota. THe aftermarket LED's are the issue.

So with all the back and forth with the same type of light that I bought from a local advance auto, I will say extremely happy.

I was so confused as to why my lights when not installed in the housing was not turning hi beam on. I come to find out that the projector style light has a baffle to control hi beam use.

I was also told that I needed a load equalizer to make work and stop flicker, well after hours of installing those equalizer to do it correct I c9me to find out that there was no differenc with it wo them.

In the end for me money well spent and for $85 couldn't go wrong.

So with all the back and forth with the same type of light that I bought from a local advance auto, I will say extremely happy.

I was so confused as to why my lights when not installed in the housing was not turning hi beam on. I come to find out that the projector style light has a baffle to control hi beam use.

I was also told that I needed a load equalizer to make work and stop flicker, well after hours of installing those equalizer to do it correct I c9me to find out that there was no differenc with it wo them.

In the end for me money well spent and for $85 couldn't go wrong.

Archived