Heated Seat Issues?

I've had my 2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 6.2L CC ever since late April. My heated seats have not worked at all since I've had it. I know this is an issue, other members have problems also. Has GM did a recall or bulletin on this? I bought my truck was over 41k on it. I've searched and found that some people have replaced the heating elements and such. Just a big hassle imo, I have the extended warranty on my truck. So, it should be covered.
Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I have had them replace all me seats and still it takes 15 min to get any heat.  My dealer is telling me its a poor design.  I am taking it in again to see what they can do.  GM needs to issue a bulletin on this, otherwise my next truck will not have heated seats...why waste the money.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:22 PM, 2017SierraSLT said:

My seats in my '17 are toasty after around 4 minutes. My steering wheel is warm after 2 minutes.

This. I’ll never own a truck without heated seats now. Lol. My steering wheel actually felt hot on the way home today. Not just warm. It was awesome. 

My 15 heated slowly, and could be left on high for a 'long' time.

The 16 heat quicker and needed to be turned down after 15 or 20 minutes.

The 18 gets hot fast.  Usually looking to turn to low after 5 -10 minutes.

My 14 has heated and cooling seats. Ever since it was brand new I noticed I could just barely feel the seats get warm, however the cooling mechanism will freeze off your giblets. I just figured they sacrificed most of the heating ability to make room for the cooling ability. However my steering wheel warmer is hands down one of the best things about the truck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My 2014 Sierra, same issue. GMC needs to repair this issue. So many complaints. I can feel heat on my back but none in the seat cushion. For what these trucks cost this should not be. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 10:43 PM, BlueTopaz14 said:

My 14 has heated and cooling seats. Ever since it was brand new I noticed I could just barely feel the seats get warm, however the cooling mechanism will freeze off your giblets. I just figured they sacrificed most of the heating ability to make room for the cooling ability. However my steering wheel warmer is hands down one of the best things about the truck lol

I love my steering wheel too man.

I love my steering wheel too man.

The heated steering wheel is one option I wish I had. My LT has Bose, leather, power rear window, blah, blah, blah...but no heated steering wheel. I could really use it this winter here in New England where we’ve been freezing our asses off. Bummer

Archived