Not tempted

Sean3565

I met my brother and sister for dinner tonight. After dinner I stopped by the Ford dealership to check out the 2018 F150. After owning many Ford trucks in the past my current 2016 GMC Sierra is my first General Motors truck. I was a little hesitant to stop by and check out the new F150 fearing that I may be impressed and end up getting new car fever. The 2018s do look better than the 2017s but doesnt come close to looking as good as my GMC inside or out. Now I will wait on the new GM redesign for 2019. I know this is kinda crazy but I sorta hope I do not like it so I will not be tempted. All I know right now is I am still loving my truck!!!

post-160213-0-16426600-1505961442_thumb.jpeg

I was able to use the F-150 as a rental for a week. Totally agree with you on the the interior and exterior not being as nice. Also the auto start-shutoff made it feel like someone rear ended me each time it would do that haha.

I was able to use the F-150 as a rental for a week. Totally agree with you on the the interior and exterior not being as nice. Also the auto start-shutoff made it feel like someone rear ended me each time it would do that haha.

From what I've seen I'm sure the Ford guys like this feeling lol. Sorry but I had to.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I'll agree. I am not a fan of the F-150's interior. Feels very cheap and plasticky in comparison to GM.

Also the auto start-shutoff made it feel like someone rear ended me each time it would do that haha.

Just get an 8L90 8 speed and you will get to experience that same feeling sporadically lol

I met my brother and sister for dinner tonight. After dinner I stopped by the Ford dealership to check out the 2018 F150. After owning many Ford trucks in the past my current 2016 GMC Sierra is my first General Motors truck. I was a little hesitant to stop by and check out the new F150 fearing that I may be impressed and end up getting new car fever. The 2018s do look better than the 2017s but doesnt come close to looking as good as my GMC inside or out. Now I will wait on the new GM redesign for 2019. I know this is kinda crazy but I sorta hope I do not like it so I will not be tempted. All I know right now is I am still loving my truck!!!

attachicon.gif61C1F1E0-9C24-4AFC-842A-ABA39F075E92.jpeg

Last time I was on Ferd lot with my new 2016 SLT nobody came within 100ft of me as I wiped my nuts all over em! It's been the same since I was a kid the 20yr-30yr old trucks are not FERDS or Dodge! Check out the aluminum piece riveted in the wheel wells on 250's Pretty FERDESQUE as always......oh..the gaps but hey what do I know boys go get you a TT3.5 and report back in 100k

From what I've seen I'm sure the Ford guys like this feeling lol. Sorry but I had to.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Hahaha this has me dying!

I give ford props for pushing the class limits and all the new tech. I have ridden in the newer F150's and the interior turns me off pretty bad. It feels very plastic like and cheap. The Turbo engines are probably fine, but from a 15yr 300k miles owner perspective.... I'm from the show me state. show me. Ford has a nice big rear axle, which GM just caught up to in '14, good frames and leaf springs. They got a lot going for it, but Ford is learning on the new aluminum bodies. The '14+ GM trucks feel like a refined consumer product. The F150's feel like solid built work trucks for county purchase. I love the interior of my'14. Not sure if it's still the same on the aluminum Fords, but the '13+/- F150's had HUGE doors. It's like opening up a barn door. My only gripes on the '14+ is 1) Rear A/C vents for us poor B@STURDS that live in hell, I mean Florida and 2) make the 6.2 run on E85. 3) HID Headlights have been on consumer passenger cars since 1997 starting with the BMW 7 series.... 20 Freaking years later dude. The Nissans and county use F150's have them. Overall I still think the K2XX platform fixed a lot of the previous gen's shortcomings that would prevent me from buying.

I was fond of Fords in the late 60's - 80's. They lost me in the later 90's with their looks and engine choices. I visited a Ford dealership yesterday and liked the looks of their current lineup. If I had a choice between similarly equipped and priced trucks, GM would still be my preference. A really odd thing that stood out is the headrest attached to fold-down centre front seat. I assume this is removable after purchase!

I can change camps at will because I will go after what I think is the best at the time. I came from a Ram only because the 2015 I had was extremely cheap new. If I had the choice I would go to Ram again while giving the other two a good look as well. I aim towards Ram because of their storage compartments including the Rambox system.

Check out this high mileage Eco Boost. They are out there.

I went to the dealership for a 2017 3.5tt and left with a 5.3 Chevy...

I really liked that engine. Like, a LOT. That thing scoots!! I hated a number of other things about the truck though. This sounds pretty ticky tacky but I hated that I had to get a high end ford to get HID headlights...

Now if I was getting a heavy duty I’d be in a Ram lol. Just love the way those HD Rams look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived