Rancho or Bilstein?

7 hours ago, avalonandl said:

Upgrading the keys is the right way, just be careful. Adding the 5100's WILL help with the spacers.

Your not planning a BIG lift areyou?

Negative, just wanna reduce the 20ft difference from front to back,...

Edited by schmolf4

9 hours ago, avalonandl said:

Upgrading the keys is the right way, just be careful. Adding the 5100's WILL help with the spacers.

Your not planning a BIG lift areyou?

Aftermarket keys are not "the right way". In fact its even worse as you can overcrank the bars further than the stock keys allow.  Twisting a torsion bar is twisting a torsion bar... the reindexed keys just start you at a higher preload than the stock keys.  The "right" way is a bracket style lift, period.  Just most of us (myself included) crank up the torsion bars because it's cheap and easy.  

• Like 1

So this thread got derailed, let’s try to bring it back.

Who has ran the Rancho RS5000shocks? They’ve got velocity sensitive calving, bigger bodies, and some other upgrades over the standard 5000. Still pretty inexpensive, too.

Your'e going to find a lot of people;e on here don't particularly like the rancho products, at least the stock RS5000 part. I had upgraded to the RS9000 adjustable shocks, had good luck with them until one of the adjuster knob broke off. Went with Bilstein in the long run.

I am getting a set of standard Monroe gas shocks.  There is a lot of marketing hype regarding car parts and such.  Seems like going back to basics and sticking with what has generally stood the test of time works better in the long run.   Who knows.  Might not work out, but it is a low cost test.  I have grown loathe over the years to jump on the latest car part du jour.  I do know I am not fond of the stock shocks.