KOBRA Wireless OBD2 Car Code Reader Scan Tool

I've been trying to figure out which OBD scan tool to put on my Christmas list. I found this one that you use with wifi to your smartphone. I think i like it.

Good deal on amazon for $17.99 right now, but you also need to pay $10 for an app to get all the features I guess. Still pretty cheap in my opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/KOBRA-Wireless-OBD-Scanner-Connects/dp/B01C3HAHCS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1510234904&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=obd+reader&psc=1

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or another app based code reader. Or do you think there is any reason to get a traditional code reader that doesn't rely on my phone?

Really...?? Nobody has an opinion on these devices? I thought it was a good idea.

Does nobody read their own codes anymore since the auto parts stores will do it for free?

That is the same one I got a few months back for the same price. Finally used it a few weeks ago to read and clear a code on my little girls car. Worked great after getting use to it. Do have to spend the $10 for the app but worth it in my opinion. Gives you live readings and all kinds of information. 

Archived