'01 Silverado remote keyless entry malfunction

I have had a problem with my remote keyless entry system on my 2001 Chevy Silverado for at least a year now. I have not been able to unlock or lock my vehicle from any distance, rarely only within a few feet, and even then it is intermittent. I bought the correct replacement key fob, and through several long attempts I was able to program it to my truck, and it has the same problems as the original key fob, which I did try to re-program as well. I am quite certain the problem is due to the wireless receiver in the truck, however I find limited and varying information on where it is located to diagnose or replace it. I went to a Chevrolet dealer earlier and was told it would cost $150 for them to just look at it. I am capable of doing many repairs myself and would like to know if anyone could help find where the malfunctioning component is, or if there are any other tests of some sort that would help me. Thanks.

2001_chevrolet_silverado_1500_ls_extended_cab_sb_4wd-pic-6627228950022140329-1600x1200.jpeg

Go to mitchelldiy.com and taje out the subscription that fits your needs.

If that don't work private message me and I'll get back with you. Some of that information you have to look hard for.

I don't know if the website has much information though.

I can get pretty in depth info though.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk