auto up window

RP53

Doesn't disable it but it will stop the travel.

Briefly press or pull the window
switch in the same direction to stop
that window’s express movement.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

Haven't heard of any method to de-activate.

I guess I don't understand how a second switch activation when window reaches desired location is less or more effort than holding the switch til window reaches desired location and then releasing. 

On 12/30/2017 at 10:37 AM, RP53 said:

just curious is there any way to disable the auto up on the drivers side window 

I think i understand why you are asking this question.  I also don't value this feature.  However, time and patience will make it less annoying.  As redwingr points out, it will stop in the position where and when you want with minimal effort.  

• 1 year later...

Some people can't use their windows as they would like to with this feature. My Mother, for example. She doesn't have the quickest fingers in the world and likes to drive with the driver's window "cracked" (about 1/2 a centimeter open). The best she can manage in over a dozen attempts is about 2 inches of open window.

It would be nice if this stupid "accessory" could be disabled.

Edited by RichardInTN

I haven't tried, but on our MDX there's 2 positions on the press of the button, barely pushing it is manual and fully depressing it is automatic. Took a while to get the feel but there is 2 separate "clicks".

45 minutes ago, doropallo said:

I haven't tried, but on our MDX there's 2 positions on the press of the button, barely pushing it is manual and fully depressing it is automatic. Took a while to get the feel but there is 2 separate "clicks".

My car is the same but there are lots of vehicles that only have one position for the switch. Which group do these trucks fail into? 

My 14 has 4 positions on the driver window and the other windows have 3 positions. If you barely pull the button up it will go up and stop as soon as you let your finger off of the button, if you pull it up higher it will go into the second position which is auto up. Same for putting the windows down, if you barely push it down it will stop when you release your finger and if you press further it will put them down automatically.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kickass audio said:

My 14 has 4 positions on the driver window and the other windows have 3 positions. If you barely pull the button up it will go up and stop as soon as you let your finger off of the button, if you pull it up higher it will go into the second position which is auto up. Same for putting the windows down, if you barely push it down it will stop when you release your finger and if you press further it will put them down automatically.

Good to know, I won't be able to check my 2016 until 2PM today. So it's just like our other car.

6 minutes ago, kickass audio said:

Same as most upper level GM vehicle. Feature of present usually indicated by the letter "A" on the driver's a control button.

• Like 1

Passenger side doesnt have it so cant you just put a passenger side switch in the place of the driver switch?

Unless the control isnt done at the switch and happens at the module

Unless you are a computer programmer than can unlock and re-design the BCM software and produce a factory looking 2-way rocker switch with a 3D printer, there are no options to do this. 

Buy her an older truck with crank windows, or set the window once and pull the fuse but you will need to garage park for that one. I wonder if you can program a window setting in with the driver position selection, it controls seat, pedals and mirrors, why not windows? Not sure I have never set up a second driver setting in my truck. 

9 hours ago, RichardInTN said:

Some people can't use their windows as they would like to with this feature. My Mother, for example. She doesn't have the quickest fingers in the world and likes to drive with the driver's window "cracked" (about 1/2 a centimeter open). The best she can manage in over a dozen attempts is about 2 inches of open window.

It would be nice if this stupid "accessory" could be disabled.

I recommend spending more practice time with your mom rather than trying to defeat the advantages of this auto feature. I know about body parts slowing down but this can be mastered.  I also once found this feature problematic but now I don't give it a second thought.  I bet your mom is like me and misses the triangle vent windows on trucks and cars!  I remember being very disappointed when these disappeared!