Installed GMC logo projector

Put one on each side of the truck wired to reverse lights. Light always comes on in reverse day or night and then when the unlock button is pressed and it's dark enough outside. Flush mounted underneath the step. I drilled two holes, one to mount the light in and then 1 so i could get the wire where i needed it and to put my finger in to tighten the retaining nut. I think for 17 bucks they look darn good. I have other pics but it's hard to post multiples due to file size on my phone. 

20180113_184200.jpg

42 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Where did you get them?

:)

41 minutes ago, Robopie said:

Now that looks kickass!!   Where did you buy?   Wonder if they have other options (such as GMC logo with no circle, etc)

Amazon

11 hours ago, dsr611 said:

Just search Amazon for "GMC projector logo"...not necessarily the same one the OP bought, but this was the 1st listing

https://www.amazon.com/Lupar-Generation-Laser-Projector-Shadow/dp/B0732B4F73/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516754504&sr=8-3&keywords=gmc+projector+logo

Its not the same one but they are all about the same. The supplied hole saw will not cut stainless steel which is what my steps were made of. it ate the teeth off right away. I ran up to lowes and bought a lenox one for 10 bucks

9 hours ago, xps800doo said:

Wow looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I had the Nissan ones installed in the bottom of the doors (factory location) on my Titan. I was thinking of putting them on my Silverado, but I never thought of putting them in the frame like that. Wonder how well they'll hold up over time there being exposed 100% of the time.

20170223_183230.jpg

11 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Nice! But, they look pretty close to the road. It might be fine for folks in the southern states, but I have to wonder how they'd survive the snow and salt in the northeast.

They are a little behind the bracket on the steps so not much should actually hit them. Obviously they're up inside the step as well so as long as the lens doesn't get hit I think they'd be ok.

11 hours ago, juscuzram said:

I had the Nissan ones installed in the bottom of the doors (factory location) on my Titan. I was thinking of putting them on my Silverado, but I never thought of putting them in the frame like that. Wonder how well they'll hold up over time there being exposed 100% of the time.

20170223_183230.jpg

Only the lens is exposed, the rest is up inside the step. It would be a fairly quick change if they break. 

1 hour ago, sdeeter19555 said:

It's not so much a physical hit as it is the water and salt spray...it gets everywhere.

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

as far as I can tell they are sealed as far as the lens and housing. I think the only place water can get to them would be where the wire comes out of the housing but that is inside the step so just the wire is truly exposed once it comes out of the step. Wiring connections could be an issue though. mine are connected up next to frame.

Archived