2016 2500hd GMC denali

I want to level my 2016 gmc 2500hd denali and put bigger tires on it, can someone please tell me the best height and tire size, plus what WONT screw up the magnetic ride control!?

What size tire are you looking to mount on the truck? Know nothing about the magnetic ride, but can you crank the torsion bars and install shock spacers like the regular suspension trucks? 35's are within reach...

Save yourself some coin and do a simple torsion bar crank for additional height.  In this manner you can fit 275/65/20 or 295/60/20 on stock 20" wheels.  The company's 2500HD Denali has had both on with no/little rubbing.  Sucker gets driven offroad plenty too.

12 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Thank you, it does have the magneride, I'm look for the size of leveling kit for my truck to to be level, 1 1/2, 2, 22/1/2...etc 

Wrong.   

Only the 15 and newer 1500 Sierra Denali has Magneride suspension.  The 2500HD Sierra Denalis do not.

25 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Thank you, it does have the magneride, I'm look for the size of leveling kit for my truck to to be level, 1 1/2, 2, 22/1/2...etc 

2500HD and 3500HD do NOT have Magnetic Ride Control.  You can level just with the torsion bars and some shock extenders.  6-8 turns will raise it just right. 

No worries Immortal those guys at dealership have no clue.   The only thing you probably have to worry about is the front valance.  On a real rutted road before cranking the torsion bars on stock tires the boss whacked it good.  Bells and whistles should be fine although the parking sensor has scared  me due to high grass.  One last thing you may consider is adding front shock extenders.  Another post states they help out when cranking up these trucks.  Zone makes some that are $20 or so.  

Good luck??

Thank you lgetz, I've read so many different things my head is swimming, first hand experience like yours makes me confident that I'm doing the right thing, and YES, for 20 bucks, I'd be stupid NOT to put the shock extenders  on!  Love this forum! Thanks again!

Yes, as stated, if you have an HD, you don't have to worry about the magnetic ride control. You can treat the suspension like any other HD truck. The easiest and cheapest route would be to crank your factory torsion bars 6-8 turns (as newdude said), add some shock extensions, and get the front end re-aligned. For tires, you'll easily be able to fit 275/65/20 or 295/60/20. 35x11.50x20 or 295/65/20 should also fit without any trouble. A true 35x12.50x20 might also clear, depending on the exact brand & type of tread you choose. 

Archived