Larger Fuel Tank

Does anyone know if there a company out there that makes a larger fuel tank replacement for the 2014+ 1500's? Everything I googled was for 2500 Diesels or 2500 Gas trucks.  I wouldn't mind a 35 +/- fuel tank on my truck.  I drive a lot for work and seems like I'm always filling up with 18-20 gallon fill ups.  Lot of the ford guys at work have brand new '18 F150's and they have 34 or 37 gallon tanks. I rather replace my gas tank vs. drive a ford.  But at some point, the ford trucks are offering the right options on the lots...  i'm fighting the good fight.  Need a larger fuel tank.

Edited by FL335i

Subscribed. I'd like to know as well. Filling up twice a week is not fun, and with hurricane season approaching it would be great to have a larger tank.

I'm assuming if a larger tank is possible there would need to be a way to reprogram the computer to be able to reestimate the miles to empty.

Edited by ChristopherDB
  • Like 1

I dunno if I would be willing to spend the $$ but, yeah it would sure be nice... I also drive a lot for work and personal and I fill up about 2x a week as well... Better than my wife's Malibu - that thing only has a 13 or 14 gallon tank!

My old car had a 18.5 gallon tank and I was getting about 25 mpg combined. Now I have a 26 gallon tank getting 15mpg combined. It's only a 72.5 mile difference between the two, which is one extra day of commute, but I feel like I'm filling up every 3 days instead of every 7. Maybe it's my heavy foot, maybe I have a leak :P

Gasoline is listed as "flammable" and diesel is listed as only "combustible". There is no application for an auxiliary gas tank, (like in the bed) for a gas anything. You can add a bigger integrated tank though. Been there and done all that. 

I'm looking for a factory replacement fuel tank.  The other option is do a fuel tank with a 12V pump in the bed.  I don't fill-up any equipment at work, so I really don't need a transfer tank in the bed.  I drive mainly city so I'm averaging about 14mpg.  So it's about every 300 miles per fill-up.  Every 4 days.  If I'm towing or doing extra trips/errands it's about every 3 days.  This is one more item the F150 has over the Silverado.  dammit. 

Edited by FL335i
  • Like 1

Does anybody have any actual pictures of the 34 gal tank from the long beds (GM part # 22772345 )?  Standard bed trucks have gobs of space in front of the 26 gal tank if you relocate the EVAP canister.  There's certainly room for a much bigger (longer) tank under these trucks.  It wouldn't surprise me if the 34 gal tank fit with some modifications.

Does anybody have a picture of one so we can compare their shapes?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive this thread, but starting to dig in and do some research myself....

GM Part Number 22772345 on GM Parts Direct shows it fits 2014 - 2018 Silverado/Sierra 1500.  It shows all trim options.  I have a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT short box, the SLT doesn't come in a long bed.  Sounds to me this fits all models. 

Has anyone given it a shot and got the 34 gallon tank to fit?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 7:20 PM, XxTheLoveClawxX said:

Sorry to revive this thread, but starting to dig in and do some research myself....

GM Part Number 22772345 on GM Parts Direct shows it fits 2014 - 2018 Silverado/Sierra 1500.  It shows all trim options.  I have a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT short box, the SLT doesn't come in a long bed.  Sounds to me this fits all models. 

Has anyone given it a shot and got the 34 gallon tank to fit?  

You mean the 8ft bed as the long bed, right? My 18 SLT Crew has the 6.5ft bed

EA100002-B5BB-4465-BECB-10CDC4CBC730.jpeg

Edited by AdioSS

14 hours ago, AdioSS said:

You mean the 8ft bed as the long bed, right? My 18 SLT Crew has the 6.5ft bed

EA100002-B5BB-4465-BECB-10CDC4CBC730.jpeg

I also have the CC standard bed, and would love the larger tank if it just fits. 

• 7 months later...