Capless fuel fill

I always post when I see this, so I'll start my own. Really, who asked for this? Is it because so many people leave off the fuel cap causing a check engine light? If I buy another truck, no matter what shit brand I have to switch to, no capless fuel fill ever. Just tried to use some fuel in 5 gallon fuel containers, just about impossible to do with this useless crappy system. Stupid ass design, stupid ass system, stupid ass follow the leader. About ready to cut this crap system out of my truck, reinstall some old school technology that ACTUALLY works. Can't believe this is actually in production now on most vehichals, all because of stupid people that can't do shit right.

End rant.  :mad:

Edited by gearheadesw

Try living up north when you have to fuel up in a snowstorm and the whole capless fill is full of snow and ice and then shoving a fuel nozzle in lets it all go down the filler tube. I had to buy a shitty plastic cover  from GM to cover that opening . 27 dollars for something that should have been there in the first place.

Edited by mjm-1957
grammer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Try living up north when you have fuel up in a snowstorm and the whole capless fill is full of snow and ice and then shoving a fuel nozzle in lets it all go down the filler tube. I had to buy a shitty plastic cover  from GM to cover that opening . 27 dollars for something that should have been there in the first place.
All you needed was this. 9749de365bda9735ae8993cf77e40977.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Kinda went off there, thanks for letting me vent.

Just seems that some of the people make it bad for the rest, in this case, out of neglect. And that sucks.

Here, I'll put a little smiley on here.   :)

14 hours ago, mjm-1957 said:

Try living up north when you have fuel up in a snowstorm and the whole capless fill is full of snow and ice and then shoving a fuel nozzle in lets it all go down the filler tube. I had to buy a shitty plastic cover  from GM to cover that opening . 27 dollars for something that should have been there in the first place.

I live where there is over 200 inches snow annually and don't have a problem with snow getting in mine Sierra.

• Like 1

Drove a lot further up north than anyone else posting did all winter... no issues. Have had a couple Fords with it too... no issues. I dunno... I find it annoying I dont have a cap to stuff in the pump as they usually dont have locks anymore... that's about it.

• Like 1

While snow and ice can be a problem, GM actually forgot that some of us do operate our vehicles in less that ideal conditions year round.  I have to drive 2 miles on dusty gravel roads just to get to the nearest highway when I leave the house.  Lots of dirt builds up in the fuel fill area, car or pickup.  GM needs to start changing their commercials and say that their vehicles are only designed to be garage queens.  

Edited by Cowpie
  • Like 1

I drive lots of gravel and mud, and lots of cold and snow up here in the winter but I never had any issues with the capless system.  I even just put a 5 gallon jerry can of gas in the other day and didn't have any issues.  The only thing I find is that when the pump clicks off its full, if you try to top off you get spillage... and I hate spillage on the paint... 

• Like 1

In all seriousness, I never liked the idea of capless. UNTIL....my wife's Acadia is capless. Really, if you use a funnel (GMC included one) like you should with a gas can, it works just fine.

I'm actually sold on it. You just open the door and shove the nozzle in. I fill truck, and cap cord gets all twisted, etc. It actually is simpler and better without the cap.

Of course I thought power liftgates were dumb - until we owned one. :)

Edited by ewbldavis

20 hours ago, ewbldavis said:

In all seriousness, I never liked the idea of capless. UNTIL....my wife's Acadia is capless. Really, if you use a funnel (GMC included one) like you should with a gas can, it works just fine.

I'm actually sold on it. You just open the door and shove the nozzle in. I fill truck, and cap cord gets all twisted, etc. It actually is simpler and better without the cap.

Of course I thought power liftgates were dumb - until we owned one. :)

There's an included funnel??????