2019 stop start and other new stuff

I read all 2019 Gm trucks will have this but none of the road test people mention it. I also read for the first time Gm is adding a disable button to turn it off. Also no mention of seat comfort as 2019 are supposed to have different seat manufacturers and its at a different angle than 2018 back along with steering wheel position moved to center can anyone elaborate on these subjects? 

Yes, stop/start does have a defeat button right on the dash.

Seating/driving position is corrected due to the all new cab structure and new frame.  Allowed them to straighten the steering column out and remove the angle. 

Roman from TFL liked the seats, but felt short on thigh support, but he's a tall guy.  I thought Zane mentioned his thoughts somewhere but can't find it.  Something about them being similar to the new Traverse seats and how he found those and the T1 seats very nice.   

The auto stop does have a disable button but you have to do it every time you start it. I’ve actually been getting used to it and I thought I would never. 

The sterring adjustments are now one leaver for up/down and telescoping. 

The seats, my previous 3 trucks had leather so I don’t have a comparison to speak of. However I do like the seats, they are comfortable. I don’t know if there is a new seat manufacturer or not. 

Cmillerjr,

Is your turning radius tighter with the '19 compared to your other trucks?

I think the new upper Arm design was intended to decrease turning radius a bit over the K2 trucks even though the T1's have increased in length and wheelbase.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:42 PM, Cmillerjr said:

The auto stop does have a disable button but you have to do it every time you start it. I’ve actually been getting used to it and I thought I would never.

I walked away from buying a merc a few years ago for this exact reason, bought an audi instead. I don't think I'd ever get used to it

Auto start stop is a disaster in the making in a true cold winter condition. Who wants that happening. I would love to know more about it.

Im glad I have my "ancient" 2016 6.0.
Assuming Chevy was smart and followed the lead of just about everyone else that has implemented start/stop, this won't be an issue. My wife's '05 Accord Hybrid (yes 13 yrs old, 200k miles, mostly city driving) has start/stop and has never given us an issue. It is still on the original starter, and gets ~5 yrs on a wet battery. When it's cold, it doesn't shut down until up to temp. If it gets cool while 'off', it will fire back up.

If we could ever kill that thing, we might finally upgrade, but it just keeps ticking.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd rather have start/stop over AFM all day. Like I said, 200k on a 05 Accord Hybrid that start and stops multiple times every day, city driving and it still is going strong. Still on the stock starter too.

What are your reasons for not wanting start/stop tech? It's less wear and tear on the engine when you think of how much time vehicles idle during city driving.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hizzo3 said:

I'd rather have start/stop over AFM all day. Like I said, 200k on a 05 Accord Hybrid that start and stops multiple times every day, city driving and it still is going strong. Still on the stock starter too.

What are your reasons for not wanting start/stop tech? It's less wear and tear on the engine when you think of how much time vehicles idle during city driving.

So is the oil pump running while the motor is off?  These new trucks have start stop and AFM/DFM.  The Hybrid was made for the task with a larger starter motor while other vehicles use the original type starter motor.  A better way of saying is that one was built for the task and the other was adapted to handle it.  The former is more durable than the latter.

The GMT900 hybrids had start/stop tech and their 2ML70 transmission had two 60 KW electric motors one of which was used to start the engine.

We rented a Chrysler Pacifica with start/stop and I did not like it either.  Took too long to get moving, felt like a golfcart.  The dial shifter was an even dumber idea.  Not being used to it, I left the car in gear twice when I thought it had been placed in park.

Looks like if you don't want Start/stop you will not be getting a new GM truck because they all have it for the most part.  I'm sure once it is able to be tuned, as of now it can't be. It is a completely different ECM.  Not sure how long it will take for someone to crack it. They you will be able to disable the start/stop feature.  Again from what I'm hearing from the tuner world, it isn't going to happen.  Something on the lines of the technology is to the point that if you did tune it, then it would send the info that it was tuned back to GM via Onstar and they would reset it back to factory.  Also that later on like in 2020 everything will be linked together so nothing can be changed, not even the radio.  All onboard communications will be connected.

The one control steering wheel tilt and telescopic is OK but I like the automatic in our Suburban.  Why they just didn't incorporate that into the trucks is beyond me.  It is great to get into the Suburban and start it up and everything adjusts to my settings, seat, mirrors, and steering wheel location.  This manual steering wheel is old school.  Not sure what the bean counters where thinking on this one.  Just doesn't make sense on a $60k plus vehicle.

Also, what is up with it still having a radio antenna on the left front fender?  There again, our Suburban doesn't have one.

Another one is fuel tank size.  The burb has a 32 gallon. These new trucks have a 24.  Why????  

They're going to be tuned within a year or two max, probably on the shorter side.  Onstar will never be able to erase your tune either.  They do have every right to detect the tune and deny your warranty based on it (and roll their eyes when you say Magnuson-Moss act).

Or there is a button on the dash that disables it.  If there is a simple button that turns it off, there will be a plug and play device that auto disables it every time you start the truck for....probably $99.  All it needs to do is mimmick the button press 10 seconds after ignition power (when you start the truck).  Done.

If that button wasn't there, such a device could have been more difficult but it will be very, very simple.  GM knows you don't want it and there solution is to make it easy to ditch.

Emission standards added that dumb feature. 

I am glad GM left the button easy to get to and turn off... instead of a scroll menu on the dash ect. Friend of mine has a new platinum F150 and has to do the same thing, disable it.