Labor Day Mod Plans

Wife is going to kill me when she sees the credit card bill but I just bought a slew of goodies to install on the truck this weekend.  

Bilstein 5100's

Rough Country 2" lift

New spark plugs (116k on the originals)

Taylor plug wires (why the heck not)

Garage door opener for the truck's garage (tired of jamming a screw driver in the track to hold the door open)

Going to be a long weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Centex14 said:

That’s the plan. Rent a strut compressor and get to work.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo

Be super cautious unless you have done this before. The springs on our K2's are dangerous. It can be done but proceed with caution. :smash:

I've done struts and springs on several vehicles so I'm well aware of the dangers of doing it.  It's one of my least favorite things to do.  Unless there's something special about these struts that are different than other struts I've worked on.  I always throw a ratchet strap around the spring and something structural just in case something slips and it decides to go flying.

I *was* going to install a set of Fox 2.5 coilovers but Fox decided to ship out a set that looked like a pissed off employee assembled them on a Monday morning (or Friday afternoon).  Replacements are on the way but I won't get them until Tuesday.  I tried to talk them into 2nd Day Air, but they balked at the $400 ?.  So, UPS Ground it is!

Finally going to have time to get the Katzkins on the front seats.  Did the back a few weeks ago but have been waiting for the long weekend just so I have plenty of time to have the seats out of the front.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Centex14 said:

I've done struts and springs on several vehicles so I'm well aware of the dangers of doing it.  It's one of my least favorite things to do.  Unless there's something special about these struts that are different than other struts I've worked on.  I always throw a ratchet strap around the spring and something structural just in case something slips and it decides to go flying.

The springs on our K2s are a monster.

The typical rent a compressor barely fits over the coil diameter.

The safety pins do not fit either.

Also make sure you re-tighten the top hat nut once on the truck with weight.

Also, use the factory nut instead of supplied Bilstein nut.

See page 98

Leveling kit showed up today. Had no idea it was made of plastic and so small. Bilsteins showed up yesterday. Plan tomorrow is to start on the shocks in between conference calls and hopefully get those done before the kid gets home.

5f68f6d0521de12f4b8a3b9aed5d473a.jpg6c31032f4ec1fe66a665450a9b698bb4.jpg

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo