What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

30 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

Looks good.  Wheels are sharp too! 👍

Thank you!  Here’s another wheel shot but with the stock running boards still on.  Moto Metal 20x9 wrapped in Atturo Blade XT 33x12.5

58E1D3F2-28F4-40B2-A4E4-2E3203269A1A.jpeg

Edited by loud_pipes
Typo

I got tired of my front end looking like it had been sandblasted. The only complaint I have of the truck is the weak paint on the front bumper and grill. So, to remedy this, I installed the Ecoological front bumper and grill covers. The grill cover was a breeze. The bumper cover took some extra work removing parts to get the ends on properly. All in all, it took me about 2 hours working by myself while watching the 5-year-old as well. With me having the 3.0 Duramax, I had to use a trim took to get the top piece of trim off the bumper as I couldn't get to the backside of its clips. Unless you are looking or know what to look for, you really can't tell they are on there.

They are a little pricey but cheaper than a repaint. They are injection molded plastic with the color running throughout. I looked into having them wrapped in white vinyl, but I would have had to disassemble the entire front end so they wouldn't have to use a knife on a painted surface. I am going to have the front wings wrapped to get them covered up and protected.

BumperShellz Truck Bumper Covers - Ecoological - Truck Aftermarket Accessories

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 2

I just finished on a full inside and out detail of the HC. Man it was filthy from the traveling to the lake house going boating. My d@mn kids can get more food on the seat and floor than in their mouths!!!😂🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I got tired of my front end looking like it had been sandblasted. The only complaint I have of the truck is the weak paint on the front bumper and grill. So, to remedy this, I installed the Ecoological front bumper and grill covers. The grill cover was a breeze. The bumper cover took some extra work removing parts to get the ends on properly. All in all, it took me about 2 hours working by myself while watching the 5-year-old as well. With me having the 3.0 Duramax, I had to use a trim took to get the top piece of trim off the bumper as I couldn't get to the backside of its clips. Unless you are looking or know what to look for, you really can't tell they are on there.

They are a little pricey but cheaper than a repaint. They are injection molded plastic with the color running throughout. I looked into having them wrapped in white vinyl, but I would have had to disassemble the entire front end so they wouldn't have to use a knife on a painted surface. I am going to have the front wings wrapped to get them covered up and protected.

BumperShellz Truck Bumper Covers - Ecoological - Truck Aftermarket Accessories

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I like that. I thought about getting the grill cover in black when I was contemplating a black grill instead of getting a black grill. 

1 minute ago, SILVER SLED said:

I like that. I thought about getting the grill cover in black when I was contemplating a black grill instead of getting a black grill. 

I almost got the black ones for mine. The main reason I didn't is how tight it would fit around the bowtie and maybe show white.

2 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I almost got the black ones for mine. The main reason I didn't is how tight it would fit around the bowtie and maybe show white.

Good point with the white especially.  Mine is dark gray and would maybe be ok.  Can you  see the original white behind the new cover around the bowtie much?  

1 minute ago, SILVER SLED said:

Good point with the white especially.  Mine is dark gray and would maybe be ok.  Can you  see the original white behind the new cover around the bowtie much?  

The white does not show through. It fits pretty tight around the emblem. I guess that is how they sell it as a "chrome cover" or color change.

I also would have gotten the black rear bumper cover too if I'd have gone that route.

• Like 1

Replaced the round, amber (yellow) marker lights I had installed with these actually amber rectangular marker lights. I think it looks much better. Plus I added my own vinyl on the "Chevrolet" stamped tailgate..

Truck is super dirty from last trail I was on so it doesn't stand out as well. But getting my truck detailed next weekend. 

20210803_205352.jpg

20210803_205516.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:42 AM, dasimmon said:

Ordered led’s to replace the license plate, reverse and turn signals. Will finally be all led on the truck. don’t understand why they wouldn’t do this from the start

image.jpg

Did the Lasfit turn signal bulbs work for you without any hyperblinking? I installed them on my 2021 RST and they hyperblinked. 

Replaced the useless 22" fugly antenna with a 3.5" blue stubby (don't listen to AM/FM); installed WeatherTech side window deflectors; WeatherTech cocoa front and back floor mats; added a console organizer and tray; wrapped the entire front end (bumper to 4" above the Windshield, including the alpha pillars); added ceramic window tint on driver & front passenger windows; clear Ceramic film on the windshield; ordered AMP Power Steps and LUX white LED rock lights for the steps (they are magnetic and more than twice as bright as the lights AMP Research uses) to replace OEM chrome running boards; ordered A.R.E. LSII fiberglass Pacific Blue Metallic tonneau cover. Next on the list is a BedRug bed liner, But, now I gotta hit the Lottery - anybody know some lucky numbers?

On 8/4/2021 at 1:37 PM, zrander29 said:

Did the Lasfit turn signal bulbs work for you without any hyperblinking? I installed them on my 2021 RST and they hyperblinked. 

I’ve had no issues with mine.  The one time they did hyperflash, I was sitting at a train with my signal on for a while.  Turned off the blinker, went back to normal. 

On 8/3/2021 at 10:59 PM, Atelliott89 said:

Replaced the round, amber (yellow) marker lights I had installed with these actually amber rectangular marker lights. I think it looks much better. Plus I added my own vinyl on the "Chevrolet" stamped tailgate..

Truck is super dirty from last trail I was on so it doesn't stand out as well. But getting my truck detailed next weekend. 

20210803_205352.jpg

20210803_205516.jpg

What led strips did you use in the grille slots on the left and right?

25 minutes ago, Chevy8088 said:

What led strips did you use in the grille slots on the left and right?

These are the ones. They run white and flow down amber with the turn signal. Only wish was that they were brighter. You see them great at night, not as well in the daytime. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M7JFNMQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_ANH7P3Z7S7FJMFVZRY38?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1