What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

9 hours ago, Transient said:

Imo, yes, but you'll hate doing it.  However, you don't need to pull the whole grille out to swap bowties.  You just need to port the top out enough for you to get your arm in and be able to work in there.  Iirc, I didn't pull my grille out completely, but I think I had a bit more room than 3 inches to work with. 

Again, much appreciated Transient! 

9 hours ago, Transient said:

Imo, yes, but you'll hate doing it.  However, you don't need to pull the whole grille out to swap bowties.  You just need to port the top out enough for you to get your arm in and be able to work in there.  Iirc, I didn't pull my grille out completely, but I think I had a bit more room than 3 inches to work with. 

I got my bowtie off without messing with my grille at all. Just need some plastic pry pieces.

Some of you guys clearly have toothpicks for arms, lol. 

I just installed the Putco blade led light bar on my truck.  That was very easy.  If you're thinking about doing this, make sure you have zip ties so you can bundle up the absurd amount of excess wire that is on this kit.  I also happen to have a spray bottle filled with a 50:50 mixture of distilled water and 90% isopropyl alcohol for cleaning firearms.  This is very handy for cleaning the surfaces you're sticking the double-sided tape onto, both the brackets and the truck body.  It came in handy today. 

Went to the storage unit today to pick my cobra wheels/tires to replace so I can pass inspection. Loaded them up in the truck and will be getting new tires mounted on the TB as well in next day or two. 

Cobra's with 275/40/17s FRONT and 315/35/17s REAR (All Nitto 555s)

TrailBoss with Toyo RTs 295/70/18s on stock wheels/stock height. 

I'll post pics once I'm done.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 7:53 AM, ms6040 said:

Thanks, it was the exact look I was going for as well. I have a 1" rear block coming, but not totally sure if I will put it in or not. I need to do some more measuring. I'll put a jack under the rear hitch and raise it that inch and see what it looks like first. From one angle, the front is noticeably higher than the rear, but other angles it looks good.

It rides significantly better with the Bilstein 5100's, the difference was instantly noticeable. I believe I have the 4 ply tires? I went with the cheaper, lower load rating if that helps. I wanted 285/60/20, but that meant spending another $4-500 in just the difference from 275 to 285 and couldn't justify it. I saved the tire cost and put it into the Bilstein's. 

Just curious, did you install that rear block? If so, any pictures?

I called a bunch of welders at the end of last week to get quotes, find out availability, etc.  All of them are booked a few weeks out.  Figured I'd wait it out by putting my Retrax be cover on.  It's not perfect, but it'll suffice for now. 

While installing my new bed cover I realized the rear stake pockets would be halfway covered up, so I bought some caps for the stake pockets.  Shortly after doing this my wife attempted to climb into the back of the bed to watch our son's baseball game.  It didn't go well, she got upset, and I was on the doghouse.  Still trying to figure that one out since it's my truck.  Anyways, she told me to fix it.  I decided to install the pole/handle that is available for the trucks with the multipro tailgates.  It took my dealer a little work because GM has some stupid thing going on where it's on indefinite backorder, but if you can place an order with a VIN number then they'll get it to you asap.  He built on truck on GMC's website and ran an inventory search to get the VIN.  Everything arrived today, and this was one of the easiest installs I've ever had to do.  Right up there with changing the reverse lights to LED.  Btw, this install just barely fits with the Retrax bed cover.  Parts needed are the pole/handle, a mounting bracket, 2 nuts, and 1 bolt.  Total cost with tax will set you back about $250.

Btw, wife gave this a try and is satisfied. 

20210602_172023.jpg

• Thanks 1