What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

On 3/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, Mbcorry said:

Finally got the black bow tie on! 

Now I need to delete that stupid front plate bracket.

BB0D40D5-DCCE-4A85-AE76-2B4204258532.jpeg

I would be interested in your license plate bracket if you’re looking to sell it or give it away. 

19 hours ago, Semedar said:

How hard/easy was to install the door sills? I ordered some today -- waiting until my dealer gets them to pick them up.

I let the dealership do it. But It looks like they just pop out and in. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Semedar said:

How hard/easy was to install the door sills? I ordered some today -- waiting until my dealer gets them to pick them up.

Easy as can be, no tools required. Just pull them off by hand and snap the new ones. The clips along the floor come free super easy by lifting, so start with those. There is some trim on the seat that can be unclipped to help them lift out. And then there are also two clips on each piece in the footwells facing the firewall, which fight a bit more but simple enough to manhandle.

Definitely don’t pay someone to do it. There’s really no risk because big deal if you do break a clip on the old part. You aren’t going to re-use them and they ain’t worth selling. Mine old ones went in the trash.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Easy as can be, no tools required. Just pull them off by hand and snap the new ones. The clips along the floor come free super easy by lifting, so start with those. There is some trim on the seat that can be unclipped to help them lift out. And then there are also two clips on each piece in the footwells facing the firewall, which fight a bit more but simple enough to manhandle.

Definitely don’t pay someone to do it. There’s really no risk because big deal if you do break a clip on the old part. You aren’t going to re-use them and they ain’t worth selling. Mine old ones went in the trash.

Thanks for the info! Dealer called me today right before they closed that they got them and I can pick them up. Will swap them out ASAP.

Nothing major.  Installed the MultiPro tailgate step light kit (P/N 84347814) earlier this week.  The install was super easy more or less plug & play.  Hardest part was getting the harness connector off of the trailer hitch light.  Connectors tend to not like me and want to either break or not release whenever I touch them.  This one was no different - have to really pull hard once you slide the red tab open.  Got this kit off of a seller on eBay & saved about $25 compared to the usual web vendors plus seller included instructions which were not included in the kit (have to access online service guide of some sort).  Thanks to member JacobC1983 for answering my questions via PM so I'd know what to expect in advance.

The light kit includes 2 LED light assemblies, 1 harness with 4 connectors ready to go with looming & electrical tape where applicable and 4-6 zip ties to help with loose connectors rattling.  I will attach the 4 page installation instructions below in PDF format.  In summary, the installation requires you to use a plastic trim tool to pry off the 4 plastic weld hole covers which are held in with plastic tabs on the pieces themselves.  Once those are off, look in the 2nd opening from the right and you should see the backside of the trailer hitch light.  The connector you want to remove is plugged into this light and has a red slider on it that you will want to slide down to release the tab.  Now pull the connector off.  Expect it to take a bit of effort for it to finally come off.  I don't recommend using metal tools if you want to keep things from breaking.  I found it best to grab the area closest to where the wires went into the connector and press down very hard with both index fingers on the ledge (you'll see what I mean if you see this connector).  Take care not to damage any other connectors nearby - maybe try to push them aside.  Once the connector is off, take the harness supplied with the light kit and plug the connector you just disconnected into the only female connector on the harness.  Plug the connector on that same end into the trailer hitch light (where you disconnected the first one).  Run the remaining connectors to the light assemblies and plug them in.  Before pushing the light assemblies in it's obviously a good time to set everything down on the step and see if things work.  These are controlled with the cargo light button in the cab.  If all works, use the zip ties how you see fit & pop the plastic pieces back into the weld holes.  IIRC, the lights are made to go in top first, then press in on the bottoms (if you have the tailgate fully open as shown in my pic below).  Lights can be put in any of the holes - provided harness had plenty of length if you connected the shorter wire to the right-most light.

Grabbed a pic just before dark to show how it looks when turned on.

IMG_0208.thumb.png.768bd34309b20e7760767df4618b6877.png

PDF of the installation instructions:

84347814.pdf

Edited by Wheelguy
Revised to current P/N
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 9:57 PM, Stormtrouper said:

One or two of these?

chevrolet-gmc-silverado-2500-wheels-rims-4p70-black-2-01.jpg

Screenshot_2019-07-06-21-40-17.png

chevrolet-gmc-silverado-2500-wheels-rims-4p70-black-2-04.jpg

chevrolet-gmc-silverado-2500-wheels-rims-4p70-black-2-03.jpg

Screenshot_2019-07-14-18-57-30.png

Well. I feel like an idiot now lol.  I’m really digging the top look too!!  I’m in the process of wrapping my front bumper to color match. 

Do do you know if this truck has a lift on it? 

8 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

So. This is the stock height and rims?  Looks way taller lol 

That is a rendering from 4play wheels, says 2500, had trail boss or work truck grille, LT tailgate labels, smaller than stock z71 emblem. I just like the bumper and stance.

13 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

I’m really digging that truck.  What size lift would you say it has. 4”?

Here is more from 4play wheels, appears to be a level and offset wheels, these are labeled custom trail boss like mine. I found a 1.5 inch motofab level for $37. But difference in fenders now is 39.5 Front, 40.75 Rear. I think I need a 1 inch level. I haven't measured my track width F/R yet. On my 2015 it was 1 inch wider in front. My old 2015 LTZ Z71 also pictured.

20190122_120653.jpg

4P-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-1500-CUSTOM-TRAIL-BOSS.6851648~3.jpg

4P-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-1500-CUSTOM-TRAIL-BOSS.6851647~2.jpg

4P-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-1500-CUSTOM-TRAIL-BOSS.6851643 (1)~2.jpg

4P-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-1500-CUSTOM-TRAIL-BOSS.6851644~2.jpg

4P-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-1500-CUSTOM-TRAIL-BOSS.6851648~2.jpg

• Like 1