Thinking about removing my running boards

jlozan2

1 minute ago, jlozan2 said:

I found these on offerup, you think its a good deal?

https://offerup.com/item/detail/543562006/

I think I paid 1200 brand new for the ones with the obd port adapter off of amazon. If these have all the wiring and that port adapter and they appear to be in good shape then it may be worth it. 

I personally would call amp first and see if they have any warranty support on a second hand item. That’s a lot of coin used and these do have moving parts and electronics etc. 

make sure those have the lights and wiring too. 

4 minutes ago, US Dashworks said:

looks more like a truck with the front valence, and running boards taken off. also lost 1mpg with the valence taken off.

I agree, i've taken off the valence. Just need to finish taking off the boards.

1 hour ago, 2017_whitez71 said:

I would remove the running board and install AMP steps.  I am going to do that eventually.  Anyone have any experience with the AMP steps in the snow and ice?  I live in IL and don't want to burn up motors.

I’ve never read a bad review about them in the snow.  I live in Denver and am not concerned.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goeb34 said:

Havent done anything to it besides take the blocks out the rear, the guy before me might have done something but ive never gotten it looked at

Looks like it has some sort of spacer in the front.  What size tire are you running?  You would be a little higher in the rear than the front, if you didn't have some sort of front spacer, but you look "level" or almost lower in the rear than the front.

• Like 1