Tonneau covers and back racks

Hey, new to this whole forum thing. Just wondering if anyone out there has installed a back rack with a roll up style tonneau cover. I've gone to back rack's website and tried to find the bracket that I need. But because it's a chevy branded cover, I can't enter the correct manufacturer in order to find the correct adapter that will clear the rails and cover. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks

Try going to GMPartsDirect.com. select your vehicle and go into accessories and look at the tonneaus section. See if you can find the part number to the roll up you have and cross reference/google it to see who the original manufacturing company is. Might take a bit of research but I'm positive you'll find an answer....and....worse comes to worse....there is a contact email on the site for questions....ask. Or, maybe go to the parts department at your local dealer and ask if they can give you the info.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2018 at 7:44 PM, Jsheldrake said:

Hey, new to this whole forum thing. Just wondering if anyone out there has installed a back rack with a roll up style tonneau cover. I've gone to back rack's website and tried to find the bracket that I need. But because it's a chevy branded cover, I can't enter the correct manufacturer in order to find the correct adapter that will clear the rails and cover. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks

Does your roll up tonneau sit inside the bed rails or on top of them?

If it sits inside then back rack sells a spacer block (4000 series) to lift your rack over the cover, if it sits on top of the rails then you need a different style adapter (5000 series). They also sell a lower profile back rack if you are going to use an adapter to lift the rack over the tonneau cover. They appear to have it pretty well laid out on their site.

https://backrack.ca/tonneau-cover-adaptors.html

I have a Line-X roll up cover (sits between rails) and the 4000 series adapter with a headache rack. It works well together however the headache rack was off an older truck so I modified the height of it to work for my truck.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try both of those. The cover sits on top of the bed rail. My buddy has a tri-fold with the adapters, but it didn't seem like it would work with mine considering the adapters would end up impeding the cover from rolling up all the way to the end. 

I understand that with the adapter, the rack itself will be shorter. I'm potentially getting it free from work, so spending another $300-400 on a rack on top of possibly $250 for adapters isn't appealing to me. I have the ability to take the "horns" if you will, off the top so that it doesn't stick way above the roof line.

11 hours ago, vail2073 said:

Try going to GMPartsDirect.com. select your vehicle and go into accessories and look at the tonneaus section. See if you can find the part number to the roll up you have and cross reference/google it to see who the original manufacturing company is. Might take a bit of research but I'm positive you'll find an answer....and....worse comes to worse....there is a contact email on the site for questions....ask. Or, maybe go to the parts department at your local dealer and ask if they can give you the info.

18 minutes ago, Jsheldrake said:
11 hours ago, E-rich1210 said:

Does your roll up tonneau sit inside the bed rails or on top of them?

If it sits inside then back rack sells a spacer block (4000 series) to lift your rack over the cover, if it sits on top of the rails then you need a different style adapter (5000 series). They also sell a lower profile back rack if you are going to use an adapter to lift the rack over the tonneau cover. They appear to have it pretty well laid out on their site.

https://backrack.ca/tonneau-cover-adaptors.html

I have a Line-X roll up cover (sits between rails) and the 4000 series adapter with a headache rack. It works well together however the headache rack was off an older truck so I modified the height of it to work for my truck.

Used your idea for the cross referance, and looked into the 50000 series and 40000 series. Long story short, my tonneau isn't compatible with the rack. So I'll just have to run one or the other if I so choose to. Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.