Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

1 minute ago, code-man26 said:

While investigating an attachment point for my light bar I found these fins/vanes in front of the radiator. They look like they rotate and all connected by a rod that is most likely controlled by a servo. My guess is that they're there to restrict airflow in super cold temperatures to allow the engine to run at optimal temp.

IMG_3637.jpg

I believe they close when you are at highway speeds to improve aerodynamics and thus fuel economy. 

On 1/21/2020 at 6:30 PM, 2k19Sierra said:

Found out today while furiously scrolling through contacts that if you scroll the wheel really fast it pops up a menu to scroll by letter! Pretty neat especially as I heavily rely on my phone in my truck for work! Now if the engine light would stop coming on.... 

A0B32E9D-A121-45C4-A943-451C708721B6.jpeg

Nice find, I didn't know that, thank you! 

• Like 1

Go to Erik Fish at McCarthy-Morse Chevrolet in Overland Park. Super cool, laid-back, salesman that knows his stuff when it comes to Silverados and the T1 series.

I’m in Howard Ks, dealers in Wichita are pains in the asses, salesman are stereotypical of the job, except for one dealer but it’s gmc and I don’t care much for the line, but I recently found Crowe-Moddie Chevrolet in Burlington, they will text you and ask if ok and a good time to call, they are looking for a vehicle for me even though I’m sure we’ll have to order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New one on me today - coldest day of the year so far here in the valley...  (not cold compared to most other places, but ~30F)..    I remote started the truck ... got in, hit the start button and on the DIC was displayed a message (paraphrased) "Ice Possible, Drive Carefully"...   

Really no chance of Ice... but an interesting message :)

5 hours ago, Chris Callanan said:

New one on me today - coldest day of the year so far here in the valley...  (not cold compared to most other places, but ~30F)..    I remote started the truck ... got in, hit the start button and on the DIC was displayed a message (paraphrased) "Ice Possible, Drive Carefully"...   

Really no chance of Ice... but an interesting message :)

Lol yeah it is based on temperature I see the darn message every day when I leave my garage. Wish those messages were being displayed on a single line at the bottom of the screen. That one and the auto start stop is disabled (I know it it is disabled. I pushed the bloody button)

? sometimes I feel like a commercial pilot getting into my 2019 RST. 

Push a button to start it. 

Push a button to release the P brake. 

Push a button to turn on steering wheel warmer. 
Push a button to turn on seat warmer. 
Push auto-stop to turn it off. 
Push wheel on steering wheel to clear message in DIC that auto-stop is off. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, econometrics said:

? sometimes I feel like a commercial pilot getting into my 2019 RST. 

Push a button to start it. 

Push a button to release the P brake. 

Push a button to turn on steering wheel warmer. 
Push a button to turn on seat warmer. 
Push auto-stop to turn it off. 
Push wheel on steering wheel to clear message in DIC that auto-stop is off. 

No kidding. It use to be fire up and go, now a day there is few rituals before you stick it in drive

Had a cool alert pop up in the dic today. I know the trailer tire pressure shows up in trailer app but first time I received an alert in the drivers information centre. Truck continues to amaze me! 063EED92-945A-4DF2-ADE2-A5724DCBAC2F.jpeg.438f7b9fa855044c939f79f8d2e04ab5.jpeg

How exactly does that work? Do you have to install tpms in the trailer tires? How does that connect to the truck?

Wish I had that option on my Silverado

I have that option on my Silverado. You can also choose to have one or both side mirrors tilt. I selected just the passenger side mirror to tilt. It just fits the way i back into my garage.

Man, I love this truck, so cold weather has finally arrived. The last time Indrove it, I had the AC on.
So, early this morning I do a remote start, and when I get in shes as warm as can be and the steering wheel is heated too.
Really love this new Silverado!

I was unable to find the feature that automatically turns on my heated seats when the temp is under 40f.

I have a 2020 LTZ Z71 pretty loaded up!

Any advice?

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, jimmerz98 said:

I was unable to find the feature that automatically turns on my heated seats when the temp is under 40f.

I have a 2020 LTZ Z71 pretty loaded up!

Any advice?

Dude, I really dont. I just know that mine does on every remote start when it's cold.  Really wish I could be of more help.