Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

No you have to choose. Either on your phone or on the infotainment system. CarPlay/Android Auto mirrors the app on your phone onto the display. So if your using it on one it can't be displayed on the other because it's literally the same app...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

No you have to choose. Either on your phone or on the infotainment system. CarPlay/Android Auto mirrors the app on your phone onto the display. So if your using it on one it can't be displayed on the other because it's literally the same app...

The new iOS 13 Car play Update no longer directly mirrors your phone. You can open what ever app you want on your phone.. text, open maps, etc all while waze is still on the infotainment.

Edited by SeTex

I can do the same on Android. But what I'm saying is Waze either needs to be displayed on the infotainment system or your phone. It can't be on both doing different things because car play and Android Auto are pulling the app data from the app on your phone.

He wasn't asking if you could use different apps on your phone while using Waze. He was saying you can't use Waze on your phone while Waze if being displayed on the infotainment system and that's correct.

Not sure if this has been reported in this thread or not, but today I realized that my RST will turn on the headlamps for rainy driving when the wipers are activated to a certain level and consistency of use. 

This is not turning the usual headlights on, as when I’m plugged into CarPlay, the headlights are on, but my dash lights don’t dim. (This CarPlay doesn’t go to dark mode)

Pretty nice feature! This way I don’t have to constantly adjust my dash lights brighter when it’s raining. 

On 10/21/2019 at 7:12 PM, mistaare said:

So, if I understand correctly. If you use WAZE as an app on your Apple phone, you could NOT display it on the infotainment screen while the car was in motion? 

It doesn’t talk to the car systems at all. Just displays it on the Center console screen. 

Here is another good one that a lot of people probably don’t know.

Google assistant (and Alexa) can talk to GMC and you can remote start your truck with your voice. You have to audibly say your PIN which is a bit annoying but pretty slick overall.

Google assistant (and Alexa) can talk to GMC and you can remote start your truck with your voice. You have to audibly say your PIN which is a bit annoying but pretty slick overall.
I knew Alexa could but not Google Assistant...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

On 10/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, killramos said:

How? 

Never mind, got it.. 

Edited by Ken2019

56 minutes ago, jamin87ss said:

Cant believe the love for acc, i wouldnt want it

How do you not like it? Got it on my wife’s van and drove a few other cars with it. Best thing ever for a road trip. It would make my morning commute so much better, I could just leave cruise on the whole way.