Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

On 10/3/2019 at 5:10 PM, mwbutcher said:

I've been reading about the air in the tire beeping LOL.  I found on my build sheet where they list it.  Not sure if it's standard but definitely listed as an item on the build sheet. 

SmartSelect_20191003-170801_Drive.jpg

Filled a tire up on my truck yesterday and the horn beeped when at the right pressure! Pretty cool.  

On 5/8/2019 at 5:31 PM, Limelight said:

Just noticed the LED white  night lighting behind the driver and passenger door handles. 

Nice touch. 

Is there a way of turning them off cause I don't have those, and I would think it should have them.

Maybe not a cool feature, but interesting...  I notice that the T1s moved the side mirrors to the actual door panel instead of the window triangle.    Not sure why I noticed that, but now that I have, I see it in every car on the road... seems majority of vehicles have them mounted in the triangle... but a few others have door mounted mirrors... I'm sure they had their reasons.....  

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, Chris Callanan said:

Maybe not a cool feature, but interesting...  I notice that the T1s moved the side mirrors to the actual door panel instead of the window triangle.    Not sure why I noticed that, but now that I have, I see it in every car on the road... seems majority of vehicles have them mounted in the triangle... but a few others have door mounted mirrors... I'm sure they had their reasons.....  

Helps reduce NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) It helps keep vibrations off the glass which reduces wind noise. I'm sure there is more to it but that's the most obvious. Ford does this with the Mustang as well.

11 minutes ago, SeTex said:

Helps reduce NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) It helps keep vibrations off the glass which reduces wind noise. I'm sure there is more to it but that's the most obvious. Ford does this with the Mustang as well.

Exactly.  Thousands of hours spent in the wind tunnel to find the sweet spot for the side view mirrors. 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:26 AM, Chris Callanan said:

2 hours ago, SeTex said:

2 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Exactly.  Thousands of hours spent in the wind tunnel to find the sweet spot for the side view mirrors. 

A few guys here have also said these new mirrors have much better visibility than the ones on the K2s.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

A few guys here have also said these new mirrors have much better visibility than the ones on the K2s.

They are considerably better, IMO. First, they are LARGE mirrors again. Second, the positioning of them off the window/door corner, moved a little lower really does improve the angle for better POV from the driver's seat. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

And I feel like there is better visibility going around a left turn when there is a median or something.

• Like 1

Man, I love this truck, so cold weather has finally arrived. The last time Indrove it, I had the AC on.

So, early this morning I do a remote start, and when I get in shes as warm as can be and the steering wheel is heated too.

Really love this new Silverado!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Man, I love this truck, so cold weather has finally arrived. The last time Indrove it, I had the AC on.

So, early this morning I do a remote start, and when I get in shes as warm as can be and the steering wheel is heated too.

Really love this new Silverado!

I am hugely happy with how it reacts to remote starting in the cold.

full defrost. Heated seats on. Heated steering wheel.

awesome

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, killramos said:

I am hugely happy with how it reacts to remote starting in the cold.

full defrost. Heated seats on. Heated steering wheel.

awesome

Absolutely! The window defrosted and those heated seats are NICE!

• Like 2

On 10/9/2018 at 9:14 AM, Big E in TX said:

The “Peremiter Lighting System” succeeds the the previous, cargo box lighting feature on the K2 Generation. On the 2019 Silverado, the Perimeter Lighting System is standard on top two trim levels; LTZ & High Country. On the 2019 Sierra, the Perimiter lighting is available on 3 trim levels; SLT, AT4, and Denali.

The Perimeter Lighting system illuminates the truck’s bed as well as the area around the vehicle, thereby helping owners see their truck as well as immediately surrounding area in poorly-lit conditions, including dark worksites, camping grounds and driveways.

Is this standard for all AT4’s? Does that include the light on the side view mirrors? 

I looked at an AT4 that had them, could not find which package it was included in. 

On 10/24/2018 at 8:16 AM, GeneJock said:

Apple CarPlay and navigation - the HUD and Driver Information Screen will only show navigation when using the onboard navigation but not with when using Apple CarPlay (Assume Google is the same) That's too bad. I tried to "trick" it by using both but engaging one navigation will cancel the other. 

So, if I understand correctly. If you use WAZE as an app on your Apple phone, you could NOT display it on the infotainment screen while the car was in motion?