Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

Oh yeah, when I remote start, I notice that when I get in it's really nice and cool!! It turned the AC on too.  I love that!

I suspect, that in the winter, it will also turn on the heat and defrost. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MacLaren said:

Oh yeah, when I remote start, I notice that when I get in it's really nice and cool!! It turned the AC on too.  I love that!

I suspect, that in the winter, it will also turn on the heat and defrost. 

And heated seats and steering wheel if you have them.

Edited by eppieguy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hate the a/c dripping on the pipe! My son gets out and says my truck is cooking bacon again because of the sizzling noise.

Found out this morning, if youre an idiot and leave your turn signal on, it will start dinging at you and a msg will come up in the DIC to tell you to turn it off.

I hate the a/c dripping on the pipe! My son gets out and says my truck is cooking bacon again because of the sizzling noise.

Found out this morning, if youre an idiot and leave your turn signal on, it will start dinging at you and a msg will come up in the DIC to tell you to turn it off.

The a/c drip on the pipe is so annoying. I hear it every time i get out of the truck and it bothers me every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, mstgeer said:

Was at the OBX this week on vacation. When airing the tires up after wheeling on the beach, the horn beeps when each tire reaches the correct pressure.

Now that's neat!

Not an intentional feature:

Found one quirk in the software programming. If you rotate a temp button immediately after the Start is pressed while the gauges are cycling full scale, the HVAC will respond as set, but any push of any HVAC button brings up a message on the radio screen saying CLIMATE OFF instead of a graphic representation of the controls even though all the controls and vents are operating properly. Won't correct until a full shutdown and restart waiting until modules reboot in before using HVAC controls.

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

Not an intentional feature:

Found one quirk in the software programming. If you rotate a temp button immediately after the Start is pressed while the gauges are cycling full scale, the HVAC will respond as set, but any push of any HVAC button brings up a message on the radio screen saying CLIMATE OFF instead of a graphic representation of the controls even though all the controls and vents are operating properly. Won't correct until a full shutdown and restart waiting until modules reboot in before using HVAC controls.

This is a glitch that occurs randomly also. There are a few threads on it. 

On 3/16/2019 at 7:49 AM, 383 said:

According to the display, the remote should also raise the windows with the remote, but it only lowers them when the unlock button is pressed, holding the lock button doesn't do anything. Maybe an update in the future will make this operational.

IMG-4721.jpg

My '16 Silverado LT would go up & down with remote, but my '19 AT4 will only go down...but by holding the lock button on the remote it'll fold in my mirrors

On 7/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, TxAg98 said:

thank you! I noticed this like day 3 of ownership and thought I had a factory defect issue. I peak under there and i'm like really? who designed that? It's not like a/c and exhaust are new concepts. 

3 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Are we back to complaining about things rather than sharing cool features?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well, it didn't really take that long to list out all the cool features, so... 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One cool feature I discovered was the ring of backlight behind the tach and the speedo. I know, it's not earth shattering, I just think it looks cool. ?

Also like how the iPhone apps look different on the radio screen with Apple Play than on the phone. I like the layout of the Maps app in particular, except 3D doesn't seem to work when not in guidance mode. But Car Play, in general, is the best feature so far.