Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

Not so much a discovery, but the side mirrors on the T1 continue to impress me. I do not have the blind spot indicator mirrors, so I have the corner convex mirror. I never have to turn my head to check the blind spots through the rear windows on my RST. The mirrors cover all the sides of the truck so well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, econometrics said:

Not so much a discovery, but the side mirrors on the T1 continue to impress me. I do not have the blind spot indicator mirrors, so I have the corner convex mirror. I never have to turn my head to check the blind spots through the rear windows on my RST. The mirrors cover all the sides of the truck so well. 

Would you say they're good enough not to bother getting towing mirrors when I get a 2020? I'll probably pull a ~24 ft travel trailer a handful of times a year.

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Would you say they're good enough not to bother getting towing mirrors when I get a 2020? I'll probably pull a ~24 ft travel trailer a handful of times a year.

I guess that’s a decision that ultimately comes down to what you’re comfortable with. 

Personally, I feel these mirrors and the excellent field of view from the cab are plenty for me. If you’re towing just a few times per year, I think they would be just fine. This would leave you with a better looking, more aerodynamic mirror the other 80% of the year or so that you’re driving down the road. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, 2k19Sierra said:

Not much of a discovery but the trailer tire pressure monitoring is awesome!!

A4B7835B-F37F-46E4-813D-19874EBDA1C5.jpeg

That's really cool.   I have the extra sensors but not a trailer so I haven't seen this yet.   Is this the standard view or do you need a special package to have that?  Is this part of the max trailer package?  (I don't have that). 

1 hour ago, Smitty said:

That's really cool.   I have the extra sensors but not a trailer so I haven't seen this yet.   Is this the standard view or do you need a special package to have that?  Is this part of the max trailer package?  (I don't have that). 

This is the standard view yes. I don’t have the max trailer package either. If you have the extra sensors I would think your truck has the package. Think it is called the pro trailer package or something like that. Really enjoying it so far! Only wish it could handle more trailers! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, econometrics said:

It's one of the last screens on the Info page. So arrow over to Info (where trip / MPG calculations are), then use the scroll wheel to go down until you get there. 

I had to scroll all the way to the bottom where the screen was blank except for the word "edit", click that which brings up the options for what you want to see, then scroll to "off road" and check the box

12 hours ago, wizard4878 said:

I had to scroll all the way to the bottom where the screen was blank except for the word "edit", click that which brings up the options for what you want to see, then scroll to "off road" and check the box

I had to do the same thing to get it to come up, while doing so I saw that transmission temperature  and turned that on also.  I'd like to compare the tranny temp between regular driving and heavy hauling.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:58 PM, econometrics said:

It's one of the last screens on the Info page. So arrow over to Info (where trip / MPG calculations are), then use the scroll wheel to go down until you get there. 

I did that, but still couldn't find it.

Mine is an LT Z71. Should mine have that?

Lol, scratch that! I just read the above posts! 

Edited by MacLaren