Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

On 7/6/2019 at 4:27 AM, rmkmb said:

Hmmmm,adjustable sun visor....???? 

Wondering what they could have added as more useful convenience .

Sun glass holder ......

Tray in console......

I'm in AZ, I'll take that adjustable sun visor!  hahaha

On my LT Trail Boss there are two controls behind the steering Wheel (where Paddle shifters go, they have little ridges on them).. the Left One controls Audio Volume a up and down and the right one allows you to change the station or song on your iPhone...  (I like that its hidden)...

Put your hands behind your Steering Wheel and see for yourself...:D:P

On 12/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, MikeNH said:

They call it “afterblow”. 

My dealer must be routinely activating it on prepping. It was activated on both my '18 Traverse Premier and '19 Silverado RST. Now I know why the blowers rev after I shut off the vehicle.

The OnStar hands free calling is no longer hands free on the '19! Instead of responding to voice commands after pushing the OnStar button, the 8" screen shaos a touch keypad where you have to enter the number.

2 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

I thought this was a thread for cool features not one to complain about things we don't like...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

seems like most all of the topics on here turn into a "bitch" session at some point:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This isn't really a cool "feature" per se, but I have noticed lately just how excellent the doors are on the T1. I have to park on a slight incline on my driveway, but my driver's door opens with such ease, even on the incline! 

• Like 2

I recently camped out of my truck bed and it was nice being off the ground in a Napier. I was worried about stashing the remote in the truck bed tent. However it was just far away enough that the door buttons would not engage and my rig remained locked.  This was nice as I didn’t need to take my remote with me on leisure activities! 

I noticed when the a/c is set to “auto”, and you take a hands free call, the a/c temporarily slows the fan down so it isn’t so loud. As soon as you hang up, it resumes cooling at the rate prior to phone call. Doesn’t shut it completely off, just turns the power down so you can hear. I thought it was cool.

• Like 7

HD rearview (backup) camera can be activated anytime at any speed to get a view like the one in the electronic rear view mirror. Touch button camera icon on the second home screen gives an instant view while in Drive and sets a 10 sec countdown timer for viewing.

See someone behind you texting, reading the paper on the steering wheel or doing their makeup in the visor mirror?.......know when it's time to pull over or switch lanes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thought the start/stop on the '18 Traverse was seamless but the '19 Silvy has it beat. Love the override switch on the dash saves putting the gearshift in L9 or L8 to override the feature.

On the first day engine was soo smooth I wasn't even aware when it was stopped or restarting, thinking the indicator light meant the defeat was active. Scared the he11 out of me when I noticed the oil pressure gauge slowly dropping to zero and thought .....oh crap, going to need a tow to prevent seizing the new engine.....until I saw the needle on the tach in the auto-stop position and realized the engine was off.

Thought the start/stop on the '18 Traverse was seamless but the '19 Silvy has it beat. Love the override switch on the dash saves putting the gearshift in L9 or L8 to override the feature.

On the first day engine was soo smooth I wasn't even aware when it was stopped or restarting, thinking the indicator light meant the defeat was active. Scared the he11 out of me when I noticed the oil pressure gauge slowly dropping to zero and thought .....oh crap, going to need a tow to prevent seizing the new engine.....until I saw the needle on the tach in the auto-stop position and realized the engine was off.
I think you're the only one that likes the auto start/stop.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

I think you're the only one that likes the auto start/stop.

I don't love it - I tolerate it and learn to like it........just like I did with seat belts and air bags and warning buzzers and plastic engine and body parts and emission crap and whatever the next Government mandated or next super duper idea to meet CAFE requirements for fleet mpg quotas comes along.

Actually depends upon the start-stop system in use, all are not alike. Old pre '16 two battery systems like my in old Malibu were a primitive unwieldy piece of crap. Later DC-DC inverter systems with stock heavy duty starters, split solenoids for engagement and heavy duty glass matte batteries are so refined can barely know they are operating, and come in damn handy saving gas/ manual start and stops living in an area with many railroad crossings waiting for triple headers and 200+ car constructs to pass.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=8495

As for ones without a defeat switch, simply shift to Lx,  x being max gear and it is defeated. And doesn't matter if you like it or not - soon won't have a choice when buying a new one.

Sorry IMO they're all trash. They're annoying AF in stop and go traffic or when you stop at a stop sign for two seconds and it shuts off and turns right back on again and for the 4% fuel mileage savings they say you'll get I'll pass. It's the dumbest feature they've come out with on new vehicles in a long long time...