Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

The system in the Silverado sucks.  Can't be good for the engine to shut down for half a second at a stop sign before I take my foot off the brake and it starts up again.

The only system I've driven that I like (a lot) is the one in my wife's Chyrsler Pacific Hybrid.  But that's a full plug in hybrid.  Once the battery runs out and it goes off full electric, the engine is starting and stopping all the time, but it is completely seamless, you don't feel a thing unless you are really trying to pick up on it, or looking at the gauge on the dash.  If they put that system in a Ram truck I will switch back to Ram.  We've had the van over a month and she has used barely a quarter tank of gas.

6 hours ago, scdaren said:

The system in the Silverado sucks.  Can't be good for the engine to shut down for half a second at a stop sign before I take my foot off the brake and it starts up again.

The only system I've driven that I like (a lot) is the one in my wife's Chyrsler Pacific Hybrid.  But that's a full plug in hybrid.  Once the battery runs out and it goes off full electric, the engine is starting and stopping all the time, but it is completely seamless, you don't feel a thing unless you are really trying to pick up on it, or looking at the gauge on the dash.  If they put that system in a Ram truck I will switch back to Ram.  We've had the van over a month and she has used barely a quarter tank of gas.

Easy fix:  Autostop Eliminator.    

• Like 3

When you start playing audio on your phone, the radio will automatically switch over to bluetooth to start playing it, no need to manually push the bluetooth button first.  My 2017 didn't do that.

• Thanks 1

1.  The remote start run time is exceeds 9 minutes, which was the run time on my old 14 Z71.  Does anyone know how long this run time is?  I've let it go up to 11 minutes before I've started the 19 LT Texas Edition.

2.  NOT COOL FEATURE:  AC dripping on exhaust sound.  What's up with this?

3.  Emergency brake turns on on its own sometimes when I park.  Is this common to other 19 Silverado users?  The push button E brake is cool.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:40 AM, Thomcat said:

The OnStar hands free calling is no longer hands free on the '19! Instead of responding to voice commands after pushing the OnStar button, the 8" screen shaos a touch keypad where you have to enter the number.

I wasn't aware anyone still bothered with this given that basically everyone has a phone with bluetooth. Why pay extra for OnStar calling when you should be able to do the same, assuming you have a smartphone? 

33 minutes ago, Yustinaaron said:

1.  The remote start run time is exceeds 9 minutes, which was the run time on my old 14 Z71.  Does anyone know how long this run time is?  I've let it go up to 11 minutes before I've started the 19 LT Texas Edition.

3.  Emergency brake turns on on its own sometimes when I park.  Is this common to other 19 Silverado users?  The push button E brake is cool.

1. 15 minutes.

2. Common on a lot of vehicles sadly.

3. Probably a hill-hold feature if you park on an incline? Just guessing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yustinaaron said:

3. Mine does this every time I park in my driveway, which is at almost a 45 degree angle.  It's definitely a hill-hold feature as mentioned above.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SqueakyBoot said:

3. Mine does this every time I park in my driveway, which is at almost a 45 degree angle.  It's definitely a hill-hold feature as mentioned above.

I have noticed the same.  I've never been a fan of the push button electronic parking brakes -- but this is a really good application for them.  On my last truck I'm not sure the parking brake ever got engaged except maybe the couple times my wife drove it.  But I probably should have on hills, so this saves me having to remember.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:28 AM, econometrics said:

Question for the thread... 

What's this little white arrow in the upper right corner of the DIC when the truck ignition is off? I push on the steering wheel DIC buttons, but nothing happens. Anyone know? 

IMG_3977.jpg

Just guessing -- maybe an indicator to show you that you can press the arrow button on your steering wheel to get into menu options.  

• Like 2

I have noticed the same.  I've never been a fan of the push button electronic parking brakes -- but this is a really good application for them.  On my last truck I'm not sure the parking brake ever got engaged except maybe the couple times my wife drove it.  But I probably should have on hills, so this saves me having to remember.

I’m ok with it as long as it doesn’t freeze in the winter. [emoji1787]

On 7/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, MikeNH said:

I wasn't aware anyone still bothered with this given that basically everyone has a phone with bluetooth. Why pay extra for OnStar calling when you should be able to do the same, assuming you have a smartphone? 

1. 15 minutes.

2. Common on a lot of vehicles sadly.

3. Probably a hill-hold feature if you park on an incline? Just guessing.

.02  Think of this as a spare tire, not worth the reduced mileage dragging it around and serves no purpose until you need it. Bluetooth is nothing more than an interface with the cellphone...it is the cellphone and not the more powerful carphone that connects to a cell tower. Might not make a difference driving a city grocery-getter with a cell phone tower on every other corner. But not when out in the real world with wide open spaces, mountains, deserts etc. with limited towers. A cheapo provider with sporadic coverage and a cellphone with its'  miniature antenna and limited pi$$ poor power output so it doesn't fry your brain gets you no bars somewhere in an unknown ditch after an accident whereas the more powerful built-in phone with the roof wart mounted microwave antenna will be enough to get your signal out and identify your location.

I noticed that when I answer the phone on Apply carplay, it lowers the AC to quiet it down a bit.  I thought that was neat then noticed when making a call it does not lower the AC until they answer, so you still get full power when it is ringing.