Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

2 hours ago, Chris Callanan said:

First Pick-Up truck :)  I just retired (well, forced retirement) my 1999 Isuzu Trooper :)

Most other vehicles I've seen have the audio controls on the front of the steering wheel....

Wait, come to think of it, my SS's were on the front side too! ?

Front of the wheel is just sort of awkward. Think the last vehicle we had with the volume controls on the front was a 1999 Aurora. Also had climate controls on the other side, which was kind of cool and not seen anymore. Otherwise, even Chrysler products have had the buttons on the back from at least the mid-90s on. Don’t know about Fords.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:19 AM, ImminentFailure said:

a power-lift tailgate is not available on the 2019 Sierra in any trim/option/package; that's a Chevy exclusive. 

The remote up window feature is a typo slated for update. Remote roll up in a pinch hazard. Certain vehicles you can get a module that plugs into your OBDII port and will autoclose the windows. I had one on my 2011 regal, cost me $12 on ebay. 

The 2016 and up Sierra has has remote window down.

My 2015 had it as well.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:57 PM, Limelight said:

This is caused by one thing.   Lawyers.

(Sorry in advance if any of you are actually lawyers :seeya:)

So... If you are reading that message and crash, Can you sue GM for distracting the driver by requiring them to read the message and hit OK or would the message be used against you as in that was your warning not to take your eyes off the road? ?

19 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Front of the wheel is just sort of awkward. Think the last vehicle we had with the volume controls on the front was a 1999 Aurora. Also had climate controls on the other side, which was kind of cool and not seen anymore. Otherwise, even Chrysler products have had the buttons on the back from at least the mid-90s on. Don’t know about Fords.

My 2012 Kia and my wife's 2013 Toyota both have buttons on the front of the wheel for audio controls and my cruise control buttons are also on the front of the wheel.  Based on the GMs I've driven, I have no strong preference between the two locations. 

Edited by Cpl_Punishment

On 9/4/2019 at 5:59 PM, 2k19Sierra said:

This is the standard view yes. I don’t have the max trailer package either. If you have the extra sensors I would think your truck has the package. Think it is called the pro trailer package or something like that. Really enjoying it so far! Only wish it could handle more trailers! 

I have the pro trailering system and the truck came with 4 TPS  for a trailer. I read somewhere where it will support multiple trailers if you purchase more sensors obviously.

7 hours ago, Fltmech said:

I have the pro trailering system and the truck came with 4 TPS  for a trailer. I read somewhere where it will support multiple trailers if you purchase more sensors obviously.

I believe it will support up to 6 sensors! So I guess that could be three single axle trailers. I just have a few double axle trailers! 

On 7/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, mstgeer said:

Was at the OBX this week on vacation. When airing the tires up after wheeling on the beach, the horn beeps when each tire reaches the correct pressure.

I have a LT Trailboss and this does not work, is this not on all trucks?

5 hours ago, rwickens said:

I have a LT Trailboss and this does not work, is this not on all trucks?

I don't know, my truck is an RST. The truck was running when airing up. We aired up multiple times and it did it each time for each tire.

Edited by mstgeer

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, Fltmech said:

My 2015 had it as well.

my 1998 beetle has auto up widows that have a safety built in.  It they hit your hand, they go back down.  Also, you can open and close the windows with the key in the drivers door.  Just twist and hold in the appropriate direction.  This was 20 years ago!!

Edited by oldmann

On 10/19/2018 at 5:46 PM, Cmillerjr said:

Yep, unfortunately Dan is correct. I just tried it. No power up.  

On my High Country,  on the remote, press the tailgate button twice to lower it.  Press it once then hold it down and it closes