Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

only had my SLT for about a month. Never had wireless charging before this truck. I would put my phone on it to charge and lean over to look for the little lightning bolt to make sure its charging,

The other day I noticed, when you put the phone on to charge the phone icon on the screen changes to a lightning bolt as well. 

Maybe im dumb, but i thought it was cool. 

• Like 2

I'm hoping someone comes up with a "hack" that allows you to record what your HD cameras are showing as you drive down the road....maybe even just capture the last 15 minutes or so....giving you the ability to replay an event just after it happens

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Living in the Northeast can be a P.I.T.A in the winter time. I live on a very steep hill and this morning after a small 6" of snow I decided to try the Hill Decent button and gotta say.... VERY nice little feature. Truck only got to around 5 miles an hour or so and crawled down my hill nicely....

Marc

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 1:00 PM, Dali555 said:

Living in the Northeast can be a P.I.T.A in the winter time. I live on a very steep hill and this morning after a small 6" of snow I decided to try the Hill Decent button and gotta say.... VERY nice little feature. Truck only got to around 5 miles an hour or so and crawled down my hill nicely....

Marc

I tried that on my 2019 Silverado the other day too... Thought it was pretty cool

• Like 2

On 10/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, Chris Ocean said:

The AT4 legit drives itself... between lane keep assist, ACC, ACC Braking, and push button resume ACC from a dead stop it takes off on it's own too... what the hell is not to love?

It feels like on the highway i don't have to DRIVE the truck if i don't want to, and it does most of the boring mundane shit for me...i just sit there and pay attention to those around me and monitor what it's doing and take over when needed, but honestly, it makes daily commuting much more bearable, especially in a pick up.

I'm all for it, and i love it, was worth waiting for a 20 that's for sure.

Don't rely on lane keep assist. Mine is moody. Changing color of stripping or their type, or even their curvature cause to stop working ?

On 11/13/2019 at 10:35 AM, Smoothbassman said:

Anyone else notice that the parking brake sets itself when you are on an incline?

Very interesting!

I noticed that using hitch view in backing up will activate it when you put the shift back in park. 

1 hour ago, AMPRG said:

I noticed that using hitch view in backing up will activate it when you put the shift back in park. 

That's so your truck stays exactly where you want it - back up to the trailer and when you go to drop the trailer onto the ball you don't get frustrated because the truck rolled an inch or two :)

• Like 2

My coolest feature discovery is that this truck is easier to drive than the smaller trucks I have owned in the past (GMC Canyon, Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier).  This is my first full size truck, and it seems more stable on the road and easier to handle. 

Parking and braking distance are a different story, but that was expected with a bigger truck.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:19 PM, jamin87ss said:

Cant believe the love for acc, i wouldnt want it

Right there with you. Have it on my AT4 and on my wifes Infiniti QX80. I turn it off on both of them and just use regular cruise. Unless you are continually monitoring your speed, you wind up getting behind someone doing less than the speed limit and slowing you down. That’s the reason I use cruise so I don’t have to keep watching my speedo.

Different strokes for different folks. Tried it.....I don’t like it. Just happy there is a way to turn it off.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:13 AM, JHP said:

My coolest feature discovery is that this truck is easier to drive than the smaller trucks I have owned in the past (GMC Canyon, Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier).  This is my first full size truck, and it seems more stable on the road and easier to handle. 

Parking and braking distance are a different story, but that was expected with a bigger truck.

I agree a lot more stable then my 2017 Colorado I traded in for it. Also the visibility is so much better out of this truck then the Colorado 

I have a 2019 GMC Sierra AT4. The other day I had the truck running while filling up my tires with air (about 5-7 psi below recommended) and noticed that as i was filling the indicator at the corner I was at started blinking then the horn chirped. So I stopped filling the tire and checked the pressure, it was right on! Then went to each tire on the truck it did the exact same thing! No need for tire gauge when filling up our tires, just keep your truck running and it will honk the horn when the tire pressure has reached the proper inflation. Amazing technology!

• Like 5

While installing some warning lighting, I found that there is an access to run wiring from the engine compartment to the cab on the passenger side of the firewall rather than just on the drivers side. The port is big enough to pull some good size cable.

I'm really liking this new truck!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

not sure how many of you know this but if your gmc sierra is equipped with a block heater the location to plug in is hidden.. its found under a black plastic cover right beside the drivers side fog light. just pry it off in the winter and replace it in the summer. I believe for silverados its just located next to the tow hooks in plain sight.

• Like 1

I don't know if I would call it cool, maybe slightly annoying and somewhat unnecessary...but yesterday I was parked on a slight incline, unloading my truck while it was running, driver's door open.  After a couple of minutes I hear that unmistakable electric whine of the parking brake engaging itself, so I went to check and sure enough the nanny computers decided I was in danger and applied the parking brake.  

Edited by Leevon