Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

1 hour ago, Sam Huff said:

does anyone know why there is a missing sound when you unlock your truck after its been sitting all night or for extended periods? 

I'm guessing you meant to say "hissing" sound...   its the fuel pump priming....   

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 8:33 PM, econometrics said:

? sometimes I feel like a commercial pilot getting into my 2019 RST. 

Push a button to start it. 

Push a button to release the P brake. 

Push a button to turn on steering wheel warmer. 
Push a button to turn on seat warmer. 
Push auto-stop to turn it off. 
Push wheel on steering wheel to clear message in DIC that auto-stop is off. 

You do not have to turn off the e-brake.  As soon as you press the gas pedal and the vehicle begins to move the e-brake turns off on it's own.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, aggieguy03 said:

I’m clearing a 7’ garage with no problems other than the antenna, with a 6” lift and 35s. I’ve got about 1-2” clearance as I’m pretty sure the truck sits right at about 6’10”. I’m knocking the crap out of the antenna on every storm water pipe, clearance sign and exit sign, but that’s it. The concrete sits higher at close to 8’, so I admit, not quite as brutal hitting the pipes. But the reception is still good. With that being said, now that I’m comfortable having been in multiple 7’ garages with the same outcome, I’m going to replace with a stubby and know not to enter anything under 7’. The stock trail bosses and AT4s should have no problem at 6’8” and above I would think, with the exception of the 15’ antenna Chevy still runs with :D

This is interesting given the stock AT4 height is listed at 78.35" per GMC website. So assuming a 6" lift plus 1" tire height for 35's = 85.35".

1 hour ago, vulcan_classic said:

This is interesting given the stock AT4 height is listed at 78.35" per GMC website. So assuming a 6" lift plus 1" tire height for 35's = 85.35".

The 6" lift may remove the standard 2" lift so 83.35?

On 1/21/2020 at 7:30 PM, 2k19Sierra said:

Found out today while furiously scrolling through contacts that if you scroll the wheel really fast it pops up a menu to scroll by letter! Pretty neat especially as I heavily rely on my phone in my truck for work! Now if the engine light would stop coming on.... 

A0B32E9D-A121-45C4-A943-451C708721B6.jpeg

Heck, I'd be happy if my contact list would just download to the truck. It's not like a Samsung S10+ is a new phone!! It works great in my Subaru. Come on GM, get on the stick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 11:06 PM, firefighter907 said:

Heck, I'd be happy if my contact list would just download to the truck. It's not like a Samsung S10+ is a new phone!! It works great in my Subaru. Come on GM, get on the stick.

Same problem here.  I'll get some of my contacts to download, but not all and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why some work and others don't.  iPhone 11 Pro.  Very frustrating

Same problem here.  I'll get some of my contacts to download, but not all and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why some work and others don't.  iPhone 11 Pro.  Very frustrating

Just say Hey Siri. Call “tp for my bunghole mobile”. And done. Never have to take your eyes off the road or try and hit buttons on the steering wheel. Plus I have 4000 contacts on my phone that I don’t want On Star to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really “cool” but every single bulb on this truck is LED except for the license plate lights?? Like, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I said the same thing to my saleswoman. Her response was “Really?!”

Anywho, stumbled on a feature about 30 minutes ago on my commute. If you have your cruise set, let’s say 55mph. And you wanna bump it to 70. Just hold +/RES and it’ll go to 56 on your initial push then 60, 65, 70 etc when you continue to hold it. Never knew about the 5mph increments. It does the same for slowing down.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DirtyAndy said:

I said the same thing to my saleswoman. Her response was “Really?!”

Anywho, stumbled on a feature about 30 minutes ago on my commute. If you have your cruise set, let’s say 55mph. And you wanna bump it to 70. Just hold +/RES and it’ll go to 56 on your initial push then 60, 65, 70 etc when you continue to hold it. Never knew about the 5mph increments. It does the same for slowing down.

Good to know! On my BMW it was a lever with two clicks, one click was 1 mph and if you pushed all the way (two clicks) was 5 mph.  Pretty handy leaving the city on the highway.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, Leevon said:

I don't know if I would call it cool, maybe slightly annoying and somewhat unnecessary...but yesterday I was parked on a slight incline, unloading my truck while it was running, driver's door open.  After a couple of minutes I hear that unmistakable electric whine of the parking brake engaging itself, so I went to check and sure enough the nanny computers decided I was in danger and applied the parking brake.  

This guy here demonstrates how the break kicks in when the truck is rocked.

Start at 30:23 if the link doesn't go right there.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been posted or not, I admit I haven't read each page, but just about :)

If you want to use your phones internal assistant instead of GMs you can!

Press and hold the speaker button the steering wheel. You'll hear the "bloop" prompt from your phone over your trucks speakers. This will open your default assistant on your phone (google or alexa). From there you can do anything you would as if you were saying "OK Google, how far is the moon" (without saying OK google).

Of course you can also tell it do "dial john doe" but more importantly this comes in handy when you're on a long drive and there's a debate going on "<bloop> Are there more McDonalds or subways in the world?"

• Like 1