Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

Ok, I see how you might interpret this, thanks for your comments.

“Avoid rapid acceleration” does not mean “don’t do this”. The caution sections says make sure it’s disengaged before driving, which it does when you tap the accelerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

“Avoid rapid acceleration” does not mean “don’t do this”. The caution sections says make sure it’s disengaged before driving, which it does when you tap the accelerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's how I read it too.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:42 PM, Swiftks said:

Installed the Auto Stop Eliminator on Monday... was wondering if it would be worth it, but it's actually kind of nice to not have to remember to press the button every time I start my truck.

I didn't know this existed until now!  Thank you!  I just looked it up and I'm buying one. Such a simple thing but drives me crazy.  I have a 6.2 with borla atak and hearing that rumble of it starting and stopping when I forget to hit button is so annoying!  

Some features I liked noticed that I haven't seen posted - 

The windshield HUD in tech package equipped trucks can convert the speed limit sign to a bar graph that shows how far under (or over) the speed limit you are. To me this is a big improvement over the little speed limit sign and makes the HUD way more useful. 

Don't know if this will disappear when my onstar trial is up, but the myGMC app will tell you how many gallons are left in the tank under the vehicle status screen which can be handy. 

Also found that connecting the truck to my phone as a wifi hotspot enables all the downloadable apps on the head unit like spotify to work just fine which is nice if you have unlimited data and don't want to pay for the onstar service. Handy if you just want to throw your phone on the wireless charger and browse for music on the head unit without having to plug in for Android/Carplay.

• Like 3

Hmmmm,adjustable sun visor....???? 
Wondering what they could have added as more useful convenience .
Sun glass holder ......
Tray in console......
I literally use mine every morning or I'd have sun in my eyes for about an hour straight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here is another cool feature I found. I'm sure its been mentioned, but didn't want to dig through 30 pages looking for it. [emoji4]

If you are plugging up your phone to use apple car play or android auto, you can plug in your cable inside the console and run your cable out under the console handle. They left room for your cables.  The will keep it cleaner and less cables in the way of your cupholders and stuff. 

Console.thumb.jpg.a4576e6d6db02f77406bdf2efd74c5ef.jpg

I do not understand why the 2020 doesn’t have this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, TexasBB said:

What trim level? My 2017 LT Z71 had USB ports in the console but my 2020 LT Z71 does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sierra SLT.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:59 AM, At4Life said:

I didn't know this existed until now!  Thank you!  I just looked it up and I'm buying one. Such a simple thing but drives me crazy.  I have a 6.2 with borla atak and hearing that rumble of it starting and stopping when I forget to hit button is so annoying!  

I havn't read this entire thread but did stumble on this conversation. If you put the shift lever in L and select a top gear the autostop is disabled. I believe the DFM maybe too, I'm still trying to determine this. I have a gut feeling that either/and/or sport and offroad modes disable them also. 

In my '15 Z71, I would put the shifter L5  unless I was doing 70 on the highway.That way the AFM wasn't always kicking on and off driving around town. With the '20 Im using L7 for in town L9 for local highways and wont hit drive until on an interstate.  I grew up with sticks and I still like to shift, even if it is with a button. Wife has a Buick Lacrosse with 9spd and paddles. I love taking that thing out and playing F1 with some Beamers! ?

Edited by Pappy58
  • Thanks 1

I realized that the adaptive cruise is great for stop and go traffic where I no longer have to worry about the engine shutting off when it auto stops behind a vehicle. I also realized that I dont have the hold the brake as the vehicle is doing it for me, really makes stop and go with stop start actually bearable. Use the auto stop at your own discretion, you keep your foot close to the brake pedal when you are letting the machine do its thing.

• Like 1