Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

17 hours ago, Osteoman said:

I have owned 3 new Lexus and now own a 2019 AT4. The AT4 has way more tech then the Lexus. In fact the Lexus I have seen, even the 100k ones are about a decade behind in tech imho. While I’m thinking about it, they were also more rattly. Not knocking them just stating facts about mine. 2 ES350s and 1 RC350.

i drove a chicks lexus  es350 and was really disappointed....i was expecting a much better car but it rode just like any other camry or nissan....i wouldnt buy one for what they get.....it was oddly very bland and avg, interior was ok

23 hours ago, Osteoman said:

I have owned 3 new Lexus and now own a 2019 AT4. The AT4 has way more tech then the Lexus. In fact the Lexus I have seen, even the 100k ones are about a decade behind in tech imho. While I’m thinking about it, they were also more rattly. Not knocking them just stating facts about mine. 2 ES350s and 1 RC350.

My wife has a RX350, and got to drive my friend’s RC-F. The GMC does have a lot more tech.

Very impressed with the quality of the Sierra.

Recently picked up a new 2018 Trax AWD, which I leave in the garage at my cabin, for getting into town and errands. Decent tech in the Trax too.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:42 PM, Osteoman said:

Can’t speak for Lexus but prior to my truck I had a long string (7+) of German makes both sedans and SUVs. Current German engineering for engines and trannys is second to none. I must say that the 10 speed with the 6.2 is awesome in mountain terrain. Maintains speed on severe inclines and descends. And technology wise the GMC truck is superior in many ways. We did our first road trip last week and the nav system is the most user friendly I’ve ever had. Adaptive cruise, LKA, LDW, rear traffic alert, etc, etc. all superior to the Krauts!  Averaged 20.9 mpg over 700+ miles @ 80 mph freeway (80%) and 20% around town. 

Edited by LowCountryDenali

Comparing GM trucks to a Lexus. Interesting. I love my GM trucks. I’m a realist. If I had live with one vehicle it would be my wife’s Genesis. I wouldn’t imagine comparing it to a Lexus. Our next car according to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, LowCountryDenali said:

Averaged 20.9 mpg over 700+ miles @ 80 mph freeway (80%) and 20% around town. 

Off topic some,  but I find this hard to believe. Your truck computer is off if it’s telling you that. Or you were descending from the high plains to the coast with a tailwind. Anytime I’m over 75mph in my 5.3L RST, I kiss the 20s goodbye. 

12 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Comparing GM trucks to a Lexus. Interesting. I love my GM trucks. I’m a realist. If I had live with one vehicle it would be my wife’s Genesis. I wouldn’t imagine comparing it to a Lexus. Our next car according to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who is honest can safely say that Lexus and their common brand, Toyota, make very bland interiors with tech that works well, but is also well behind. 

Great vehicles, but their interiors have always been very vanilla. 

Edited by econometrics

20 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Off topic some,  but I find this hard to believe. Your truck computer is off if it’s telling you that. Or you were descending from the high plains to the coast with a tailwind. Anytime I’m over 75mph in my 5.3L RST, I kiss the 20s goodbye. 

Confirmed last tank with fill up this am + or - .2mpg. 436 miles and 21.1 gal. 

Edited by LowCountryDenali

I don’t get that with my stock 6.2/10 going 65 with a tailwind if that makes you feel better haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been. Currently driving from Chesapeake, VA to San Diego, CA. I've been doing touristy-stuff along the way, too. Today I drove from Flagstaff, AZ to Mesquite, NV via US 89, to US 89A, AZ 389, which turned into UT 59, then I-15 south. Lots of climbing and descending. Cruise was always set at +4 over the posted speed limit. Several stops for bathroom breaks, food, etc. Even floored it a few times to pass slow vehicles on the highway. According to Google Maps the entire distance today was 305 miles. I filled the tank first thing this morning when I left the hotel. According to the myChevrolet app, I still have "approximately" 10 gallons in the tank and 205 miles until empty. It's a 24 gallon gas tank. 305÷14= 21.8mpg. According to my truck, the best mpg average I experienced today over a 50 more distance was 23.9mpg. Today i experienced everything from red traffic lights, to 75mph speed limits, to rough roads in the Navajo Reservation. I have a Trail Boss LT with the 6.2. 

Yesterday I drove from Gallup, NM, up to the visitor center of the south rim of the Grand Canyon, then back to Flagstaff, AZ. My best mpg was 23.5.

With that said, when I get down to 1/8 of a tank remaining my wife is sitting at 1/4 tank in her 2017 Traverse, however she has been behind me the entire trip. She has a 22 gallon gas tank with a 3.6 litre V6 and a 6-speed auto with awd.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was reading the owner's manual today and learned a lot about the remotes. For the trucks with bucket seats, the squarish space in the middle of the front cup holders is for programming new remotes. The truck can be programs for up to 8 different driver profiles. Also, if you get a message that your remote battery needs replacing, or the truck doesn't read the remote, just place it in that squarish space.

I have been. Currently driving from Chesapeake, VA to San Diego, CA. I've been doing touristy-stuff along the way, too. Today I drove from Flagstaff, AZ to Mesquite, NV via US 89, to US 89A, AZ 389, which turned into UT 59, then I-15 south. Lots of climbing and descending. Cruise was always set at +4 over the posted speed limit. Several stops for bathroom breaks, food, etc. Even floored it a few times to pass slow vehicles on the highway. According to Google Maps the entire distance today was 305 miles. I filled the tank first thing this morning when I left the hotel. According to the myChevrolet app, I still have "approximately" 10 gallons in the tank and 205 miles until empty. It's a 24 gallon gas tank. 305÷14= 21.8mpg. According to my truck, the best mpg average I experienced today over a 50 more distance was 23.9mpg. Today i experienced everything from red traffic lights, to 75mph speed limits, to rough roads in the Navajo Reservation. I have a Trail Boss LT with the 6.2.  
Yesterday I drove from Gallup, NM, up to the visitor center of the south rim of the Grand Canyon, then back to Flagstaff, AZ. My best mpg was 23.5.

With that said, when I get down to 1/8 of a tank remaining my wife is sitting at 1/4 tank in her 2017 Traverse, however she has been behind me the entire trip. She has a 22 gallon gas tank with a 3.6 litre V6 and a 6-speed auto with awd.

Oh so you’re not actually hand calculating it. Got it.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:15 AM, LowCountryDenali said:

Can’t speak for Lexus but prior to my truck I had a long string (7+) of German makes both sedans and SUVs. Current German engineering for engines and trannys is second to none. I must say that the 10 speed with the 6.2 is awesome in mountain terrain. Maintains speed on severe inclines and descends. And technology wise the GMC truck is superior in many ways. We did our first road trip last week and the nav system is the most user friendly I’ve ever had. Adaptive cruise, LKA, LDW, rear traffic alert, etc, etc. all superior to the Krauts!  Averaged 20.9 mpg over 700+ miles @ 80 mph freeway (80%) and 20% around town. 

I don’t agree with German engine and trannys at all. The newish jettas are plagued with a grinding noise at rpms. 

Oh so you’re not actually hand calculating it. Got it.

You're more than welcome to come hoist my truck into the air, drop the gas tank, and remove and measure all the fuel so you can get an exact amount. Otherwise, what I've presented is all anybody is going to get. After all, we can only guesstimate how much fuel is actually in the tank since we aren't accounting for each and every do since the truck was built. From gas pumps to the DIC, we are stuck with digital measurements to give us the numbers.