Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

You're more than welcome to come hoist my truck into the air, drop the gas tank, and remove and measure all the fuel so you can get an exact amount. Otherwise, what I've presented is all anybody is going to get. After all, we can only guesstimate how much fuel is actually in the tank since we aren't accounting for each and every do since the truck was built. From gas pumps to the DIC, we are stuck with digital measurements to give us the numbers.  
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Now now don’t be silly. You don’t need to do all that. Miles driven divided by gallons added is much easier. No hoist needed. I track each tankful and the guesstimate on the dash always shows a higher number (better fuel mileage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 8/26/2020 at 7:06 AM, Chevyguy273 said:

?omg. I just discovered you can have the drivers or passenger side mirrors tilt down when you put the truck in reverse. Now that is cool. It saved me from from running over a ?

I'm assuming this can be turned on/off in the vehicle settings? Is it a trim level thing?

I just hunted through the settings in my 2019 LT Trail Boss and could not find anything. I want this.

2 minutes ago, AirIt said:

I'm assuming this can be turned on/off in the vehicle settings? Is it a trim level thing?

I just hunted through the settings in my 2019 LT Trail Boss and could not find anything. I want this.

I don’t know if this feature is trim specific. But I do have an LTZ crew cab short box with the 6.2l. And I found the setting while learning the infotainment system and it’s settings. It’s in the vehicle settings. 

• Like 2

Now now don’t be silly. You don’t need to do all that. Miles driven divided by gallons added is much easier. No hoist needed. I track each tankful and the guesstimate on the dash always shows a higher number (better fuel mileage).

Iirc, TFL did just that and found the number on the dash to be fairly accurate. They do have a long term Trail Boss that they bought, but it's a 5.3.

The 6.2 is better on fuel than the 5.3, I’ve owneda 2014, 2017 and 2019 6.2’s and a 2018 5.3. Out of these 4 trucks the 5.3 was the worst on fuel. The best was the 2017 6.2 /8spd.

hand calculated on my 2019 is consistently within a couple tenths of what the DIC reports.

here’s my log of my 2019, mix of city/highway. 4x4 High Country standard bed Z71. 6.2/10spd, always running 91 octane. My 18 double cab 4x4 elevation edition 5.3 was around 10% thirstier.

10B44665-E555-4154-8769-817A02A5858C.png

Iirc, TFL did just that and found the number on the dash to be fairly accurate. They do have a long term Trail Boss that they bought, but it's a 5.3.

Well after 382 gallons logged in 21 fuel-ups I can confidently say my dash estimate is incorrect.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that have the 2020 silverado with the key fob feature that rolls all four windows down at once heres something I just tried:

Press the the unlock button on the fob.  Then press and hold the unlock button until all four windows start rolling down.  

I've heard a LOT of complaints about this feature that why would you want them all down.  Well maybe it's hot and you just want them cracked open a bit or half way down....

When the windows have reached the level you want them down, press the unlock button again to STOP them all from rolling down at the level you've reached. 

Hope this helps someone!!  I used a horrible smelling cleaner on my mats and I wanted them down a bit to air the truck out.  

Turtle wax spray cleaner smells awful!!!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, ZDAT4 said:

I don’t agree with German engine and trannys at all. The newish jettas are plagued with a grinding noise at rpms. 

My wife drives a 2018 S5 Sportback.  The reverse flow turbo 3.0L V6 and 8 speed ZF are pure magic.

And to stay on topic..... The remote mirror fold is nice in the fact that it takes two button presses.

Edited by Tjeli