Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

Tailgate release handle (button) has two small lenses on either side.........the driver's side is the camera but couldn't figure out the passenger side.....until I turned on the bed lamps with the tailgate closed........it is an LED lamp that lights up the button and the whole rear of the tailgate. Don't know if standard or only with optional inside bed lamps or remote drop gate........but it is impressive and a nice touch because the cab lamps don't light the rear handle of the gate..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Tailgate release handle (button) has two small lenses on either side.........the driver's side is the camera but couldn't figure out the passenger side.....until I turned on the bed lamps with the tailgate closed........it is an LED lamp that lights up the button and the whole rear of the tailgate. Don't know if standard or only with optional inside bed lamps or remote drop gate........but it is impressive and a nice touch because the cab lamps don't light the rear handle of the gate..

well great, now I have to go out to the truck and check this out,   I thought it was a second camera for the close up view of the hitch...

Makes me crazy and manual is no help. Standard backup camera with normal wide angle view of rear. Camera icon contains only two option one with tire track lines and the other with a straight line for the hitch. no surround system. Every now and then when playing, has something to do with being in Park or pressing the touch button to display the line for the hitch, but every so often I get a top down view of the hitch from the single camera in the tailgate (other dome is an LED light) and don't know how I did it, or if a software defect.....also happened under the previous rev before Nav software update..

Seems the top down on the hitch view has something to do with sequencing of button presses, ignition position shift lever position and gear the shiftier is in. As I said manual is no help and neither are salesmen.

17 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Makes me crazy and manual is no help. Standard backup camera with normal wide angle view of rear. Camera icon contains only two option one with tire track lines and the other with a straight line for the hitch. no surround system. Every now and then when playing, has something to do with being in Park or pressing the touch button to display the line for the hitch, but every so often I get a top down view of the hitch from the single camera in the tailgate (other dome is an LED light) and don't know how I did it, or if a software defect.....also happened under the previous rev before Nav software update..

Seems the top down on the hitch view has something to do with sequencing of button presses, ignition position shift lever position and gear the shiftier is in. As I said manual is no help and neither are salesmen.

I'm curious about this too, as I have no clue how to access this feature.  It's annoying that such a useful feature is not detailed anywhere. 

I thought the LED light on the tailgate was a camera, but slowly figured out that it was a light that comes on with the cargo light/bed LEDs.  For future reference, when you turn on the cargo lights they automatically go off when truck is put in drive but come on the next time truck is parked.

I'm going from memory here & I've not got it 100% memorized because it is a bit oddly set up.  I believe once you put the vehicle into reverse to activate all POV, each icon is a different camera POV.  On each icon, there are 2 dots, representing "options" for those views (try pressing the same icon twice).  The last page seems to be the "main" viewpoint choice - or something to that effect.  Play around with it a bit more - I might be completely off with my descriptions.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, Thomcat said:

Sounds like a glitch in your case if you don’t have the advanced trailering package (optional on LT/RST, standard on LTZ and up). Because otherwise it’s quite easy to access the hitch view.

Trucks without the advanced package, and only the standard trailering package will only have only have two icons on the backup camera mode to toggle between single guide line for trailer alignment, or the normal grid lines.

Trucks with the advanced trailering package will have a third icon of a hitch in the backup camera mode for a “top down” view. It can also be accessed for 8 seconds while underway to check up on things as shown.

B6D94434-C9AE-4369-ACE6-BA9F85B19C4A.thumb.jpeg.c81a4e93ab2c1b1cea075b5659189c8d.jpeg

Obviously, trucks with the tech package or trailer camera package will have more views available than the three, but in the case of an LT or RST, you’d be looking at either two icons or three in the backup camera mode.

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 1

2 things discovered today - 

--1: The trailer light check in the MyGMC app is pretty cool. Finally got around to rewiring my boat trailer and wanted to test it out - the app fires up all the lights in sequence so nobody has to sit in the truck pushing pedals and flicking levers :)

--2: ok, probably not a big deal, but finally figured out what the round cover thing is to the right side of my license plate....  having never owned a truck before, didn't realize that is where you get access to the spare :)

• Like 1

Another one....  This one discovered by my 10 year old...    Always wondered why there's no steering wheel audio controls.... Turns out there are!  Buttons on the back side of both sides of the steering wheel......  Amazing.   Nothing mentioned in the user manual.. (it's in the separate infotainment manual)

IMG_20190915_103502.jpg

41 minutes ago, Chris Callanan said:

Another one....  This one discovered by my 10 year old...    Always wondered why there's no steering wheel audio controls.... Turns out there are!  Buttons on the back side of both sides of the steering wheel......  Amazing.   Nothing mentioned in the user manual.. (it's in the separate infotainment manual)

Lol...how old was your last truck?! My 03' Silverado SS had them.

42 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

Lol...how old was your last truck?! My 03' Silverado SS had them.

First Pick-Up truck :)  I just retired (well, forced retirement) my 1999 Isuzu Trooper :)

Most other vehicles I've seen have the audio controls on the front of the steering wheel....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Callanan said:

First Pick-Up truck :)  I just retired (well, forced retirement) my 1999 Isuzu Trooper :)

Most other vehicles I've seen have the audio controls on the front of the steering wheel....

You were overdue for a new truck!  ? Congrats on retirement (forced) I also was forced into early retirement.

• Like 1