Rear window leak

Demon

On 8/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, fish_guru said:

Thankfully my dealer made it right and after two failed attempts they finally replaced the window. I have been leak free since and my truck has been flawless.

Well I think I jinxed myself. Just found water drops on the back seat again. It's not leaking bad but it is leaking from both sides. The headliner is not wet.

Back to the dealer she goes. Fourth trip for the water leak...and my window has been replaced already.

F me!

I washed my 2019 Silverado today and noticed the leak and it’s happed before I have 3-4 water rings on my liner now. No brand new car should leak from a fixed window.  I’m taking it in Monday. However the latest software update has fixed the Climate off issue which are the type of problems I was  expecting not leaking windows  

My best advice would be to deal directly with the dealer service manager, and tell him or her you want the district manager from GM to contact you directly. The dealer will only follow the procedure to apply sealant. Anything other than that will require approval from the district manager. I spoke to mine district manager directly and he came to the dealer to look at my truck and was able to get a new window ordered from GM which will hopefully be here this week. It only required about 65 phone calls, 34 days out of service and 8 or 9 trips to the dealer to get the new window ordered. If the replacement window leaks, well then I already have the lemon law papers printed out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Is there anyone with an 8\18 build date that hasn't leaked?!?  Mine is from Fort Wayne and 8/18 LTZ and I haven't seen it leak YET but it's only been in spray car washes.   Luckily it doesn't rain in AZ but I'm a little worried about this.     So sorry everyone has to go through this.   Good top on contacting the district GM directly! 

1 hour ago, Jricharc said:

So have we seen any leaking issues with models built after say 10/2018?  I am very hesitant to purchase a '19 model if I have to deal with this headache. 

I don’t remember seeing any here but I could be wrong. Mine was built 10/13/18. If I were to be shopping right now, the later the build the better. I probably wouldn’t touch anything that wasn’t built in the last 4 months. Easy to check the sticker on the door jamb.

• Like 1

Is there anyone with an 8\18 build date that hasn't leaked?!?  Mine is from Fort Wayne and 8/18 LTZ and I haven't seen it leak YET but it's only been in spray car washes.   Luckily it doesn't rain in AZ but I'm a little worried about this.     So sorry everyone has to go through this.   Good top on contacting the district GM directly! 

8/13. My new plate btw.c41a359b3dab27840281605487dd2977.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

8/13. My new plate btw.c41a359b3dab27840281605487dd2977.jpg

Buy Depends for men!! ?

Sorry, thats the first thing I thought of when I saw that plate, My window still leaks too so I feel you pain but it was just too funny to pass on. 

Beyond ridiculous that this many have the same issue.  Anyone know what a rear window cost is?  I refuse to let them do a "caulk job" on my brand new truck with less than 100 miles on it.  Of course I'm gonna go through the process and see what they say, but to put a tube of sealer on top of a cracked window frame on a brand new truck is insane.

Beyond ridiculous that this many have the same issue.  Anyone know what a rear window cost is?  I refuse to let them do a "caulk job" on my brand new truck with less than 100 miles on it.  Of course I'm gonna go through the process and see what they say, but to put a tube of sealer on top of a cracked window frame on a brand new truck is insane.
If you have full glass coverage with your auto insurance, go to Safelite and tell them your window frame is leaking, and do an auto glass claim. Probably won't raise your rates.

Well, I’ve entered stage one where they inspect for leaks around the spoiler, reassemble and test again. They also said the detailer is confident he can clean the headliner up.

I guess we will see but my gut tells me it’s actually the window and not the spoiler. 

And I got to thinking...I don’t remember ever opening the little power slider up until this past weekend! Just not a feature I ever used, or care to use. But I’m wondering now if having finally used that window didn’t crack the window frame somehow if it’s already a weak part?

I mean, I’ve gone through at least two high pressure washes a week since January and we had a very wet spring. No leaks through all of that so it seems very odd to only start now. Maybe a coincidence?

UPDATE:

I just got my truck back after one week in the shop.  At first glance, I can't even tell where they put the sealant.  In the process, they broke the left rear passenger side airbag trim piece tabs and had to order me a replacement.  I guess that piece has to come off for them to pull the headliner down?  The first replacement part came in broken so they had to order another one.  I have to give them props.  Very clean job!  They provided me a new truck to drive while they worked on mine, for the week.  Dealer detailed my truck for me inside and out.  Looks like it came off the showroom floor!  Perhaps it's their intent for me not to run it through a car wash for a few days!  I will this weekend!  If it leaks, back it goes.  

On a side note, they also did the newest software patch that supposedly fixes the rapid brake percentage decrease too! 

Robert

• Like 1

Sounds like hopefully a happy ending! And man, you were definitely lucky to get a truck for a loaner. Most of the reason I’m pissed is because I’m stuck with this crummy Malibu for at least a couple days until they get a loaner truck returned. 1.5L and a CVT is a pretty huge downgrade, and I can’t fit any of my stuff for work in it...??‍♂️

35EC2C3D-C19B-4B87-B3B3-B7CDF4874841.thumb.jpeg.b2d69993f164e35c66375df784126378.jpeg

• Sad 1

Well, I’ve entered stage one where they inspect for leaks around the spoiler, reassemble and test again. They also said the detailer is confident he can clean the headliner up.

I guess we will see but my gut tells me it’s actually the window and not the spoiler. 

And I got to thinking...I don’t remember ever opening the little power slider up until this past weekend! Just not a feature I ever used, or care to use. But I’m wondering now if having finally used that window didn’t crack the window frame somehow if it’s already a weak part?

I mean, I’ve gone through at least two high pressure washes a week since January and we had a very wet spring. No leaks through all of that so it seems very odd to only start now. Maybe a coincidence?
If you can push the headliner up in the corner inside truck look for a crack in the plastic like this. That is where mine was leaking in on both sides.. that photo is behind the rear driver side headrest then go straight up to where headliner meets rear window and Push it up.6ede42394478fa48dcdaf9e694d2c092.jpg

• Thanks 1