Rear window leak

Demon

Add another affected truck to this list. Two days ago I finally discovered some water on the back seat of my 19 RST. Sure enough, I stood there and poured a bottle of water over the back of the truck and watched as the water poured in. I just stood there in disbelief. I walked around to the other side and did the same thing as water dripped on the inside. Immediately wondered how long it’s been this way and just how much water has gotten inside of the truck since I’ve owned it (Purchased Jan. 11th). Started researching and found this thread on the issue and read what some of y’all have already dealt with made me furious. I took my truck to the dealer I bought it from when they were finally able to see me the service guy walked up and said “back glass leaking water?” Unreal. I have a case opened up with GM and said they won’t be able to look at it until Monday. I could type a page explaining how I fought to get an acceptable loaner, but long story short for anyone else reading this DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN WHAT YOUR TRUCK IS CAPABLE OF. I was finally able to get 4dr 4wd RST just like mine that I NEED for work. 

5828A299-DFDD-4E87-B629-135C7A6DE419.jpeg

87651EA3-00D5-4C64-B23B-F5BFE7DD494E.jpeg

Add another affected truck to this list. Two days ago I finally discovered some water on the back seat of my 19 RST. Sure enough, I stood there and poured a bottle of water over the back of the truck and watched as the water poured in. I just stood there in disbelief. I walked around to the other side and did the same thing as water dripped on the inside. Immediately wondered how long it’s been this way and just how much water has gotten inside of the truck since I’ve owned it (Purchased Jan. 11th). Started researching and found this thread on the issue and read what some of y’all have already dealt with made me furious. I took my truck to the dealer I bought it from when they were finally able to see me the service guy walked up and said “back glass leaking water?” Unreal. I have a case opened up with GM and said they won’t be able to look at it until Monday. I could type a page explaining how I fought to get an acceptable loaner, but long story short for anyone else reading this DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN WHAT YOUR TRUCK IS CAPABLE OF. I was finally able to get 4dr 4wd RST just like mine that I NEED for work. 
5828A299-DFDD-4E87-B629-135C7A6DE419.thumb.jpeg.b25755c3510939aaec42359d06b65223.jpeg
87651EA3-00D5-4C64-B23B-F5BFE7DD494E.thumb.jpeg.152ba07e3b1c4383803eb469d89f475b.jpeg
Welcome and sorry you joined the club. Loaners seem to be dealer dependant. Mine just grabbed another brand new crew cab off the lot and gave me the keys.

Make sure you start documenting every single phone call and conversation you have. I was up to several pages worth.

You will want the headliner replaced at a minimum, which will require removing the front windshield.

If they do attempt the sealant fix, make sure it gets water tested for a few days before they replace headliner. I insisted on this and it's a good thing as it was still leaking after their first attempt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I first noticed my headliner was wet on 3/21/19. I have a 19 RST and I have the same issue with the leaking rear window.  My headliner, and rear seats were soaked.  I suggested the check Bulletin 18-NA-383. The dealership resealed the back window, replaced the headliner and rear seat covers and cushions.  They had to remove the windshield to get the headliner in/out, while doing that they damaged my dashboard.  After pointing out the dashboard was damaged it was replaced.  After trying to reseal the window two times they decided to replace the entire back window.  Picked it up on 7/3/19 lets see if the window stops leaking

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

I'm glad my nightmare is over. I can't believe such a huge problem got through quality control for so many trucks.

So far my new 2500 has been flawless. What a process though to get a buy back. Chevrolet customer service is garbage. I was treated like crap. They acted as if they were doing me a favor by repurchasing my shitty truck and I was at their mercy. I would have walked away from Chevy if I could have, just because of the way I was treated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well three months dry after the first two repair attempts. Wash the truck tonight and it's BACK! Looks like it's back to the dealer again tomorrow. Hopefully for a window replacement this time. I don't think there is anything left for them to possibly caulk.c114c74f65b80d444579c16a5f2b859a.jpg

Wow, people are still getting leaks in their new trucks? 

I would have thought that the Oct 2018 builds would be sold off the lots long ago by now. 
Lots of the early builds where higher trim/options that don't sell quick. I've seen a few on dealer lot that are still inside the first 20,000 built.

Or it could be the leak was really small and went unnoticed if someone lived in a warm dry climate.

Mine has been at the dealer since Tuesday for the third attempt. Have not heard from dealer. If I don't get it back tomorrow, that means next Monday at the earliest which would be 30 days out of service and would qualify for lemon law in my state.

• Sad 1

I brought mine in this morning to get repaired. The drip was pretty steady in the rain. Got it back tonight around 5pm EST was informed there was a service bulletin for the rear window leak and they applied seam sealer on the whole top of it. I was very skeptical at first and didn’t think it was going to work but I took the truck home anyway. It’s now 8:40 and absolutely pouring out. I sat in my truck for 5 min and couldn’t find a single leak or any moisture so I am content with the fix at the moment. We will see how long this will last. 

Had mine in twice to fix. Dealer was nothing but top notch with my issue. First attempt was a seal. It ended up leaking a bit worse. 

After notifying them with pics, they order new window, headliner and trim pieces (and a wheel, separate story). Parts took forever to get in. They had to re-ship the headliner 3 times as the first two had creases from transit. They offered me a loaner each time. My truck was out in a week and a day. 

Well, $hit.  I was hoping to avoid membership in this club, but it was not to be.  My TB  (08/21/18 build) was rained on in the parking lot of my work yesterday and leaked.  Both left and right sides.  I live in the Panhandle of Texas and we don't get much rain, so this hasn't presented before.  I have noticed  little dribbles from going through car washes, but wasn't overly concerned due to the small amount of water.  The good news is the headliner is still dry, but there was water sitting on the top of the rear sets.  I have a 0730 appointment at the dealer on Tuesday.  Good news is, they've done one other truck and they farm out the repair to a local auto glass repair business that's known for quality work.  I believe they're going to replace the back window, based on my conversation with my service writer.  Ugh!!!

Has anyone noticed the leak from a car wash?  Mine is build 8/2018 and I haven't seen a leak yet.  I can't count on the rain since that's rare in AZ and mine is in the garage.   I've taken it to the car wash plenty of times and never an issue.   

I go through the car wash at least 2 times a week and it never leaked. It sat out in the rain one day and that’s when I noticed the leak. I’ve wondered though about when they clean the interior windows after it goes through the car wash and they dried them so I never saw the leak. My build was 08/18