Rear window leak

Demon

1 hour ago, lebag335 said:

It’s at the dealer now. I’ll know how it turns out by this afternoon. Fingers crossed! 

I'm going on 3 months with mine being resealed. Been through touchless car wash a few times, and many hand washes, and I shoot jet of water into all the cracks around the 3rd brake light every time I wash it...So far no more leaking.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

I'm going on 3 months with mine being resealed. Been through touchless car wash a few times, and many hand washes, and I shoot jet of water into all the cracks around the 3rd brake light every time I wash it...So far no more leaking.

Wow! I want to use your dealer!

I seriously considered just breaking the window and having it replaced through insurance at a reputable body shop. It’s a damn shame to have to consider those kind of options. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

Same for me, until it leaked last week. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Mine leaks worse than ever before after they sealed it again.. I also find that if I look at my front bumper too hard the paint chips.... Thinnest layer of paint I have ever seen 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, fieldsend said:

Mine leaks worse than ever before after they sealed it again.. I also find that if I look at my front bumper too hard the paint chips.... Thinnest layer of paint I have ever seen 

My front bumper is chipped so bad that i'm going to need to get it painted, not looking forward to that bill, so pissed at myself for not getting Xpel put on it before I started driving it.

• Like 1

Mine made it 3 months, thought for sure it was good to go, then it started leaking again. If gm isn't going to replace window I'm going lemon law or possibly file an insurance claim and have my rear window replaced, then buy an F150. I couldn't in good conscience trade this truck in unless the rear window was replaced first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Mine made it 3 months, thought for sure it was good to go, then it started leaking again. If gm isn't going to replace window I'm going lemon law or possibly file an insurance claim and have my rear window replaced, then buy an F150. I couldn't in good conscience trade this truck in unless the rear window was replaced first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Don't the F-150s also have issues with the rear windows leaking?

3 hours ago, eppieguy said:

My front bumper is chipped so bad that i'm going to need to get it painted, not looking forward to that bill, so pissed at myself for not getting Xpel put on it before I started driving it.

Have you not brought that up to your dealer?  This was an issue on the K2XX trucks with painted bumpers & they allowed for a one time repaint.  After that one repaint, you were on your own.

14 minutes ago, Wheelguy said:

Have you not brought that up to your dealer?  This was an issue on the K2XX trucks with painted bumpers & they allowed for a one time repaint.  After that one repaint, you were on your own.

Thanks, I will when I take it back in for the window leak. 

Well, I didn’t get my truck back today. Dealer said the sealant was slow to set up. Apparently I’m the first one my dealer has done. That doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Hoping for better news tomorrow. 

Add me to the list of those affected by rear window leaking.  Bought the truck on Wednesday with 86 miles on it, had water on both rear seats on Thursday.  It's an 8/18 Fort Wayne assembly LTZ.  Dealership can't even look at it till a week from Tuesday 9/3/19.  Needless to say not happy one bit.  I hope they are able to just replace the window, without trying the sloppy caulking job 1st, but I doubt it.

20190823_140528.jpg

20190823_175935.jpg