Rear window leak

Demon

Keep something in mind.  I found a leak on my 2015 and it wasn't from the sliding window.  It was actually from the third brake light.  They idiotically use a foam gasket to seal the light when placed into the enclosure of the cab.  I found that the gasket wore out and that was causing water to drip down the headliner over the window and to the back seat.  I pulled their gasket off and replaced it with a better rubber gasket from Home Depot.  This may or may not help some of you, but it's info that I'm hoping will help someone.

• Like 2

Anyone that ha had the rear window replaced have the part number? I’ve got the dealer to agree to replace it but they are asking me which window it is because there are 3 windows, left, right and? I would think it’s one window? 

When they replaced mine, per my paperwork, it was part 84569182. Description - Window 16.464 N

On a side note...your dealer doesn't know what window? Seriously? Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

20190923_071512.jpg

Edited by fish_guru
more info
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fish_guru said:

When they replaced mine, per my paperwork, it was part 84569182. Description - Window 16.464 N

On a side note...your dealer doesn't know what window? Seriously? Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

20190923_071512.jpg

I agree but it was my salesman trying to help me vs. leaving me in the hands of the service department and he knows I can find out information that he doesn't understand. I buy many vehicles from the dealership yearly and my salesman gets me further than the service department does.

10 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

My dealer had trouble ordering the window too. It was the first one they had ordered and something about the part numbers made it seem like it was three different pieces. Ultimately they got the right one ordered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, thats what he was saying, 3 windows. 

19 minutes ago, eppieguy said:
4 hours ago, fish_guru said:

I agree but it was my salesman trying to help me vs. leaving me in the hands of the service department and he knows I can find out information that he doesn't understand. I buy many vehicles from the dealership yearly and my salesman gets me further than the service department does.

Copy that. 

Hope you get it squared away. 

Just so I know... where is the "hairline" crack generally found? Looks like a plastic part based on images uploaded to this TOPIC..

Window frame? Window track?

Edited by Kozzy

33 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

Just so I know... where is the "hairline" crack generally found? Looks like a plastic part based on images uploaded to this TOPIC..

The slider window frame tract. 

1 hour ago, Kozzy said:

You probably aren’t going to be able to see them with the spoiler in place. Good luck on getting a new window. Hope you can, but as I understood it, GM isn’t gonna pay for one until after the “gooping“ attempt fails at least once.

• Sad 1

If you are looking at the rear window from back seat it is above the headrest, more specifically above the end of the plastic tract the window rides in. I was only able to see it once the headliner was pulled down. You might be able to push up on the headliner as far as it will go, you might be able to see it. Mine was easy to find because I just followed the river of water dripping in.

16 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

If you are looking at the rear window from back seat it is above the headrest, more specifically above the end of the plastic tract the window rides in. I was only able to see it once the headliner was pulled down. You might be able to push up on the headliner as far as it will go, you might be able to see it. Mine was easy to find because I just followed the river of water dripping in.

Ok thanks. Did you finally get your window fully replaced? Any leak issues since? @ShamrockShooter

Also- does anyone have a build date as late as mine (11/9/18) that is experiencing this rear window water leak? When I called GM and explained situation and referenced bulletin #18-NA-383.. I was told my truck falls out of the affected date window (10/18).