Rear window leak

Demon

54 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

Just because you have water inside doesn't necessarily mean it's the rear window leaking. In my case it was the 3rd brake light housing that needed resealed. It is going on 4 months since they resealed mine and still no more leaking.

Interesting- I think you may be the ONLY one that has had GOOD luck w/ the reseal. What are the details on your truck, build date, where was water originally spotted leaking in from? @RAYS B4U

My headliner on passenger side has water stain (attached pic) which leads me to believe it is NOT the 3rd brake light (center) leak. 

B1E7A260-A8EA-4BFC-B273-FB89D009D0CE.jpeg

Edited by Kozzy

7 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

Interesting- I think you may be the ONLY one that has had GOOD luck w/ the reseal. What are the details on your truck, build date, where was water originally spotted leaking in from? @RAYS B4U

My headliner on passenger side has water stain (attached pic) which leads me to believe it is NOT the 3rd brake light (center) leak. 

Vehicle Info::

Model: CK10543-2019 SILVERADO 1500 High Country 4WD CREW CAB

Build Date: 08/27/2018

Build Plant: Z Fort Wayne, IN

Mine leaked on the rear passenger side, there was water drops on the rear slider window frame track. You can see the water sitting on the bottom window track. Mine had no headliner staining.

20190521_085328.jpg

18 hours ago, RAYS B4U said:

Vehicle Info::

Model: CK10543-2019 SILVERADO 1500 High Country 4WD CREW CAB

Build Date: 08/27/2018

Build Plant: Z Fort Wayne, IN

Mine leaked on the rear passenger side, there was water drops on the rear slider window frame track. You can see the water sitting on the bottom window track. Mine had no headliner staining.

20190521_085328.jpg

I really need to start keeping a close eye on mine.  I have a 2/2018 build date and haven't noticed anything obvious so far, but it's usually in a ramp or garage during rain and rarely in the rain.  I'll start really checking the back after getting it washed then I guess.

20 minutes ago, jwhjr said:

I really need to start keeping a close eye on mine.  I have a 2/2018 build date and haven't noticed anything obvious so far, but it's usually in a ramp or garage during rain and rarely in the rain.  I'll start really checking the back after getting it washed then I guess.

a 2/18 build would mean you have a 2018 truck, these issues are on the T1 / 2019 trucks.

Update:  I have had the "repair" in place on my truck for almost three months.  After multiple car washes and damn near 6" of rain in the last three days here in the Panhandle of Texas, I'm happy to report that my truck hasn't leaked!  I'm hoping that I just didn't jinx it by posting this, but I wanted to share with ya'll that, in my case, the repair seems to be working...for now!  #fingerscrossed

Robert

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lebag335 said:

Update:  I have had the "repair" in place on my truck for almost three months.  After multiple car washes and damn near 6" of rain in the last three days here in the Panhandle of Texas, I'm happy to report that my truck hasn't leaked!  I'm hoping that I just didn't jinx it by posting this, but I wanted to share with ya'll that, in my case, the repair seems to be working...for now!  #fingerscrossed

Robert

This make me hopeful! @lebag335 Through looking into your last few posts in here- you've only had the "sealant fix" completed- not the full window replace, correct? 

My truck is in for service right now getting the jingle jingle (FR axle fix installed/completed) as well as my rear window leak handled.

5 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

This make me hopeful! @lebag335 Through looking into your last few posts in here- you've only had the "sealant fix" completed- not the full window replace, correct? 

My truck is in for service right now getting the jingle jingle (FR axle fix installed/completed) as well as my rear window leak handled.

Yes. Sealant fix only. My dealer service is great and I was clear how anal I am, so far so good! They have to do the patch before the replacement is what they told me. 

Boy I hope your fix holds up. I thought I was good to go too. From April till August dry as a bone. Then washed the truck one day and drip drip was back. Keep your eye on it....good luck.. fingers crossed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well my replacement window is in.  My truck window was leaking with 80 miles on it, the day after I purchased it.  They did the sealant fix on it, even though I told them I didn't want that done and to call me first.  They did an ok job.  If I didn't know it was there I wouldn't notice the sealant.  I guess more importantly it hasn't leaked yet again for over a month.  We are in a drought though and it hasn't rained... at all.  I have washed the truck several times and flooded the spoiler with water and no drips.

Regardless I'm having the new replacement window installed.  I hope to have this truck for some time and don't want to worry about if/when the window will leak again.  Who knows, maybe by replacing it I'm taking more of a chance?  I just want the thing fixed like new, like it should have been when I bought it.  the window has cracks in the frame and the sealant is just covering those cracks.

The dealership is having a "glass guy" come to do the removal and install.  They know ahead of time I won't accept anything less than if it were new without a defective window.  I have my fingers crossed they will do a great job and I can be done with this whole window/water crap.  I will report back after it's completed and try to remember to post down the road good or bad.

Side note... I wonder how many with cloth interior have the leak and have no clue?  I wouldn't have noticed myself without the water drops sitting on top of the leather for some time.

Good luck to all that have this issue!

I have a 2019 crew LT Trailboss that has a build date of 7/15/19 and was built in plant G.  Is this something I need to worry about or has this occurred only in earlier built trucks.  I’ve checked every time it’s rained and so far so good.  Just wondered if this is a problem for only a certain time period of builds.  
thanks

12 hours ago, Ranger522vx said:

I have a 2019 crew LT Trailboss that has a build date of 7/15/19 and was built in plant G.  Is this something I need to worry about or has this occurred only in earlier built trucks.  I’ve checked every time it’s rained and so far so good.  Just wondered if this is a problem for only a certain time period of builds.  
thanks

October 2018 or before should be the only ones affected.  GM changed the window manufacturer at that time.  I wouldn't be worried about it, doesn't mean something can't happen, I just wouldn't be looking for it to leak.

Posted earlier.  19- trailboss. Build date  2/19.  Window leaked two weeks ago bad on both sides.  Dealer sealed top and actually did a good job.  Well, today we got heavy rain and it still leaks and from what I’m told there is trucks with build dates past 11/18 that have seen this issue from GM using old stock windows. 

Body shop guy actually tracked me down a new window within 20 minutes. He said one of only two left because of strike.  New window hopefully next week and no more water.   I also stressed before first repair and reminded him to tell glass guy that  I paid a lot of money for this truck and I would appreciate extra care to prevent scratches.  Good luck to you other guys. 

• Thanks 1