Rear window leak

Demon

Finally got my new window in and installed. The new window looks great and doesn’t leak so far!  My old window had yellow marks on it inside, which I thought was a little strange, the new one doesn’t?  It also seems to have a bit darker color to it on the margins? The dealer had a glass company do the work and they did a great job. I can’t tell that anything was ever done to it, all the sealant was removed well and no scratches or scuffs. I had the sealant in for a couple weeks and it never leaked, but I insisted on a new window and the service manager didn’t give me any problems.

I hope this is behind me and wish everyone else good luck if they are still dealing with it, or have to in the future. 

Finally got my new window in and installed. The new window looks great and doesn’t leak so far!  My old window had yellow marks on it inside, which I thought was a little strange, the new one doesn’t?  It also seems to have a bit darker color to it on the margins? The dealer had a glass company do the work and they did a great job. I can’t tell that anything was ever done to it, all the sealant was removed well and no scratches or scuffs. I had the sealant in for a couple weeks and it never leaked, but I insisted on a new window and the service manager didn’t give me any problems.

I hope this is behind me and wish everyone else good luck if they are still dealing with it, or have to in the future. 
That is great to hear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WWIII said:

Great news, Mine has been ordered but I'm told is currently on back order. They said they will send it to a glass shop to be installed as well. 

• Like 1

I have a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado rst crew cab and my rear windshield is leaking. It’s now at the dealership being repaired for the second time. My back seat cushion is holding water and has swollen so causing seams to come apart. Dealership is great and I think Chevy will do right because I gave them a chance after have 5 previous Fords with no issues. 

Edited by Tony Johnson

Ok guys. I picked up my new 2019 on Halloween and Monday noticed water leaking into the cab on the top corners of my rear window. I read a good bit of this thread already.  Called the dealership on Tuesday and dropped it off Tuesday morning. I’ll keep y’all updated on their progress. Have t heard anything yet. 

Ugh. I've had my Feb 2019 build RST since late March 2019. 7000 miles on it, and it's sat through a ton of super heavy rainfalls here in DFW during spring and summer. One of our wettest springs/summers of late. 

I had it parked backwards on our inclined driveway over night. I've not done that before. So the front was much lower than the rear. Rained very lightly last night and I came out to the truck dripping on the driver's side rear seat. 

I'm hoping this was only because I had it parked on a heavy incline.

I've had the thing through many car washes, etc. and it's never leaked before. The water was coming from the end of the slide for the power rear window. 

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

Ugh. I've had my Feb 2019 build RST since late March 2019. 7000 miles on it, and it's sat through a ton of super heavy rainfalls here in DFW during spring and summer. One of our wettest springs/summers of late. 

I had it parked backwards on our inclined driveway over night. I've not done that before. So the front was much lower than the rear. Rained very lightly last night and I came out to the truck dripping on the driver's side rear seat. 

I'm hoping this was only because I had it parked on a heavy incline.

I've had the thing through many car washes, etc. and it's never leaked before. The water was coming from the end of the slide for the power rear window. 

Sorry brother, it's broken.  Take it in to be checked out.

6 minutes ago, lebag335 said:

Sorry brother, it's broken.  Take it in to be checked out.

Yeah, I've had that sinking feeling as well. Maybe after 7K miles it's finally wiggled enough to lose its seal. Ugh. 

I need to take it in for the seat belt recall, anyway. So I guess I might as well have them fix this and my squeaking rear brakes, too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Yeah, I've had that sinking feeling as well. Maybe after 7K miles it's finally wiggled enough to lose its seal. Ugh. 

I need to take it in for the seat belt recall, anyway. So I guess I might as well have them fix this and my squeaking rear brakes, too. 

7k was about when mine started leaking. But yours being a later build it may very well be nothing too. Hopefully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

7k was about when mine started leaking. But yours being a later build it may very well be nothing too. Hopefully.

Yeah, here's hoping. I think I'll wait until I take it through the car wash again just to make sure. The headliner was totally dry today, and the leak was really minimal. Just a few drops of water on the top of the seat. 

I'm comforting myself with the fact that my dealer will have seen MANY of these by now, so they should get it fixed quickly and accurately the first time - if I do need them to repair it. 

My truck was built in January of 2019.  My dealer is telling me they have never heard of this problem and don't know how long it will take to get the sealant in and make the repair.  They did do the recall on the seat belt in a timely fashion. Is this stuff hard to get or on short supply?

My 5/19 build date TrailBoss rear window leak developed over the weekend.  Wonder why it started now after 5 months and 7000 miles? Passenger side rear seat water drops all over it and back corner headliner was soaked.  

Anyone dealt with this issue in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?