Rear window leak

Demon

Well, got the leak after 7500 miles and 10 months owning it plus a collapsed lifter at 818 miles not to mention the DFM noise that constantly plaques me when driving this vehicle or the flashing strobe lights on my trailers that alert everyone to my trailers. So GM fix is silicone bead in between the rear window and metal. I’m including pics of the fix[emoji23] if you can call it that. So when silicone goes bad in so many days or years, then what? Will it be under warranty or will it be on the owner of the truck, which will not be me!! Sad that this kind of money, then to fix it with clear silicone. Didn’t even take the window out. [emoji30] just done with GM and there trucks after 30 years.

0d72585da63a01fb7845dfdaea9569d4.jpgd27b175285a168e87173feb5b31ad0a5.jpgef5717432c9359c58602d9b6313bf99b.jpge810051a76fbf04afe85d33cd83bb8b2.jpg8a9e180659222f69d443115833789bd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Centrebaseball said:

I have been following this thread in earnest.....and I got the leak today

2019 GMC Sierra

Build date 12/2018 - AFTER the supposed change - Ft Wayne plant

Going to have to call the dealer once service opens in the AM. Really hoping they don't try to get me to do the silicone caulk nonsense.

They will! 

Well after my first sealing fix didn’t hold up at all, I’m happy to report my new glass was installed yesterday. Body shop guy was great and they did good work. Glass company leak tested it and cut window out to find that the window has three pieces sandwiched together and they were not right so in went the new glass.   Went through car wash today and not one drop. 

Good luck to all you guys that have this issue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well my 2019 early build leaker was replaced with 2020 hopefully not leaker. No signs of an leaks on the window or headliner of the 2020 so fingers crossed. Very impressed with the 10 speed after the first 50 miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Bought my 2019 GMC Sierra SLT in July of this year.  Last week my son was sitting in the backseat when we were on our way out to eat and said mommy why is the top of the seat wet?  I kind of brushed it off.  Then night before last it had rained before I came in to work so I checked it and sure enough all the way across the top it is leaking and the whole top of my leather seat had drops on it!! Took it to the dealer yesterday in Pensacola Florida and they said they had never heard of this!! Now after being on this forum I call bull $H!+!!  I am furious after spending what I did on this truck to only have it since July and have it leaking!!! Last GMC I will ever own!  Side note:  I traded in my 17 that had the infamous tranny problems!!! No more of these trucks for this family!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dvhounddog said:

Bought my 2019 GMC Sierra SLT in July of this year.  Last week my son was sitting in the backseat when we were on our way out to eat and said mommy why is the top of the seat wet?  I kind of brushed it off.  Then night before last it had rained before I came in to work so I checked it and sure enough all the way across the top it is leaking and the whole top of my leather seat had drops on it!! Took it to the dealer yesterday in Pensacola Florida and they said they had never heard of this!! Now after being on this forum I call bull $H!+!!  I am furious after spending what I did on this truck to only have it since July and have it leaking!!! Last GMC I will ever own!  Side note:  I traded in my 17 that had the infamous tranny problems!!! No more of these trucks for this family!!!!

Don't the sliding rear windows in the Fords and Rams leak, too? 

Just a quick follow up. Called two dealers close to my house.  One said they couldn’t get me in to see anyone for 10 days. The other took me in that day and looked and ordered the sealant and headliner but no timetable on arrival.  

meanwhile I’m driving my leaky truck still. Thankfully no rain until later this week, but would it be unreasonable to request a loaner while they are waiting on sealant? 

any other tips to speed this process along? 

4 minutes ago, Centrebaseball said:

Just a quick follow up. Called two dealers close to my house.  One said they couldn’t get me in to see anyone for 10 days. The other took me in that day and looked and ordered the sealant and headliner but no timetable on arrival.  

meanwhile I’m driving my leaky truck still. Thankfully no rain until later this week, but would it be unreasonable to request a loaner while they are waiting on sealant? 

any other tips to speed this process along? 

No.  Just go with the flow.  Be nice but firm with them about doing a quality job because otherwise it just produces duplication of effort, and ain't nobody got time for that!

If it leaks, and it's going to be a week or more to get parts, the dealer should be keeping it parked inside and give you a loaner. Those are days out of service you will need to aquire to get lemon law leverage for a buy back. Mine was at the dealer 42 days, most of which was waiting for parts. I drove about 6 different 2019 Silverado loaners, no questions asked courtesy of gm

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dealer gave me my truck back saying that they have an alert out there for a new back window assembly. Hopefully parts will start flowing back in with the strike over. 

Leaks, but my headliner is not getting soaked like some of the guys pics I've seen.

Edited by mattsvtcobra

16 hours ago, mattsvtcobra said:

Dealer gave me my truck back saying that they have an alert out there for a new back window assembly. Hopefully parts will start flowing back in with the strike over. 

Leaks, but my headliner is not getting soaked like some of the guys pics I've seen.

I noticed that you had the leak late october. Did the dealership go straight to a new window for you? Or did they try the sealing first and it failed?

40 minutes ago, Centrebaseball said:

So they are doing the new window assembly straight out of the gate, or have you failed the silicone sealing already?

Unless you know someone who has a lot of pull with GM, they will do the silicone first, then another sealer if that doesn't work and then, maybe then they will replace the window. 

Edited by eppieguy