2016 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8 1500

When I accelerate from dead stop to go my trucks been making a weird water sound. I have no clue what it could be.. Pretty inexperienced and when I took it to the mechanic It stopped. Its driving me nuts and hard to explain.... All I can think of is a weird fluttering water noise... Just hit 60k miles. Please Help!!! Thanks

18 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Check the coolant level. 

For sure! Going to do a oil change this weekend I always check. My uncle is a mechanic but the noise always seems to stop when hes around!!

Another common problem with these trucks. If you search exhaust leak, or weird noise on the driverside you will get a bunch of threads on this. I've been to the dealership 3 times for it and they have no clue what it is. There are alot of theories on what is causing it but no definite answer. This noise is why I'm considering a Ford. 

Another common problem with these trucks. If you search exhaust leak, or weird noise on the driverside you will get a bunch of threads on this. I've been to the dealership 3 times for it and they have no clue what it is. There are alot of theories on what is causing it but no definite answer. This noise is why I'm considering a Ford. 

Definite answer = Vacuum pump. The only way to know for sure is to remove yours and go with an electric. I can say with certainty that what I thought was an exhaust leak, specifically, a driver’s side manifold leak was in fact the sound of my vacuum pump pumping air into the crank case as it’s designed to do. Drove me nuts. I removed the pump, replaced with an electric and the engine has never been quieter. When I spindled the pump after I removed it from the vehicle, I was able to replicate the noise I was hearing.

The reason there is no definite answer is because not many, if any at all, have removed a perfectly good vacuum pump and replaced it with an electric. I did and it eliminated the sound completely.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=215717&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egm-trucks%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F215717-Vacuum-Pump-Delete---Electric-Replacmenent&share_type=t