Which Tuner?

4 minutes ago, paracutin said:

Of course you haven't.  People don't go bragging about how they just paid $3500 in repairs because they were denied warranty coverage because of a tune.

With GM'S warranty it's much more common to be denied warranty without any tuning either by a loop hole or something they can call abuse.  The amount of vehicles tuned is so small it's unlikely to happen.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SierraHD17 said:

With GM'S warranty it's much more common to be denied warranty without any tuning either by a loop hole or something they can call abuse.  The amount of vehicles tuned is so small it's unlikely to happen.  

That's good to know.  I have had a lot of trucks and I have only had one go in for any kind of warranty work.  Just lucky I guess.  I hope the trend continues with this truck.

28 minutes ago, paracutin said:

That's good to know.  I have had a lot of trucks and I have only had one go in for any kind of warranty work.  Just lucky I guess.  I hope the trend continues with this truck.

I see it with the fleet at work.  The things they will not cover even under the 3 year 36000 mile is pretty sad.... or defer and hope the driver accepts it.  Some of this is the dealer but some is not.  50/50 chance lol.  My own 2015 was finally more or less denied when the dealer was told there were no more fixes for the 8 speed and it was noted so if I took it elsewhere any other dealer was to do nothing until GM had a solution... fun stuff huh.  Its screwed, you can't fix it and you won't keep trying lol.

My boring old 2017 6 liter hasn't seen the dealership once since purchase either and I don't think it will.  I have enough done to it now I wouldn't take it in anyway but in 25000 miles its had no issues.. knock on wood.

Edited by SierraHD17

Of course you haven't.  People don't go bragging about how they just paid $3500 in repairs because they were denied warranty coverage because of a tune.

If someone got denied because of a caned tune it would be known. This isn’t the only site I visit. I don’t just own GM products. Diesels and turbo gas vehicles I can see a potential problem. It not just 30-50 HP gain on those. I have heard of denials on diesels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

If someone got denied because of a caned tune it would be known. This isn’t the only site I visit. I don’t just own GM products. Diesels and turbo gas vehicles I can see a potential problem. It not just 30-50 HP gain on those. I have heard of denials on diesels.

Not just a 30-50HP gain here either when you are talking about the TMC.  I could see how it would be VERY easy to smoke a transmission.

This thread is getting heated don't know if I'm safe in there. Just need to keep telling myself I'm a badass. Last time 

Anyways in honesty PARA sounds like it isn't for you cat back will not mess with the downstream O2s and a intake will change about nothing without tune. I can see the appeal and even the fun in a display vs a laptop. I'm sure HPT sees this also that is why they came out with the. But I don't support that item yet. 

I will say as I have before warranty work is like a horrible divorce and your the kids in the deal. Dealer is 99% of the issue. How they write it to the rep/GM is how it will be reviewed and handled. All my work is covered and never a issue. They can't just write reason for warranty work denied "tune" has to show how and what said change caused the part to break. But is it possible for a dealer to screw a person over? Absolutely and if this is a concern to you maybe moding your truck isn't for you. My dealer is great and has 650hp brand new trucks on the dealer floor with full warranties.

Oh as for the trans life with torque management removed not as simple as yes or no. The power level is  the biggest factor to this question. But I will say a CAI and catback will not break the trans. also disabling it is only one option you can also set different limits. I will post pics from phone later.

image.jpeg.5d3e56c6dcc4fdf44415a5b6a2616f2e.jpeg

• Like 1

Not just a 30-50HP gain here either when you are talking about the TMC.  I could see how it would be VERY easy to smoke a transmission.

I think you’re talking about TM or torque management. Removing 100 percent of TM would involve breakage more than smoking the clutches. That’s only if the driver is completely abusive and probably be denied for other reasons. A little common sense should apply.

6 minutes ago, paracutin said:

Break the drive shaft YES blow threw the stall converter yes to possible(slip is a factor). Smoke the trans NO. there are many guys making double the power on these trans. I have my slip at zero and I thing I am burning up the stall converter. But my goal is to break parts so my "warranty" motor can go in!

Thanks to everyone for their input.
A lot of this is just my personality.  I am not a risk taker.  I don't gamble, not even penny slots or $1 scratch off lotto cards.

I suppose I could leave the truck alone and focus my attention of the girlfriend's 2010 Camaro RS/SS.  

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for their input.
A lot of this is just my personality.  I am not a risk taker.  I don't gamble, not even penny slots or $1 scratch off lotto cards.
I suppose I could leave the truck alone and focus my attention of the girlfriend's 2010 Camaro RS/SS.  
Yes do that. Supercharge it!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Read the entire thread.

Living in the mountains and towing occasionally some improvement would be nice.

Sooner down shifts when pulling grades would be one example.

Currently I use the gas pedal and manual shifting to improve performance.

I would want a canned tune.

What would you get?

2012 5.3L, 6 speed, 3.42's.

:)

BTW - Superchips, Insight and Diablosport are owned by Holley.  Their products differ cosmetically but they are all the same underneath.  

I was chatting with Tony from Diablo.  I started chatting with Insight and the guy's name was Tony.  He explained it to me.