Weston

Question

My warning lights come on when temp outside is in the 40’s and below.  It says “ Low Brake Fluid, Stabilitrak Off, Traction Control Off” and this morning it also said low coolant. I live in south Florida so this happened last year when I went to Ohio in December, the truck had 12,000 miles on it. Got back to Florida and it happened one cold morning so I took it to dealership. They could not find anything wrong. Later with 38,000 miles the low coolant light came on. I took it to dealership again, they could not find anything. Now I am back in Ohio for Christmas and the lights started coming on again when I got into colder weather. They do go off at times while driving but come back on within 10 minutes if the temp outside is still below 40. It is very annoying as the warning bell starts going off and the lights flash. Any advice?

7A00B205-8CBD-41DA-A4D7-EBC0E716EE18.jpeg

5 answers to this question

What colour is the brake fluid?  It may be a bit of a reach, but, if the fluid is more dark amber or brown, the sensor may be upset with the amount of moisture in the system. Brake fluid loves moisture.  But it is bad for the brake system due to the lowering of the boiling point. 

Sounds familiar - GM can never find anything wrong when you're under warranty ...

I'd have to see a wiring diagram to see if the 2 sensors have anything in common with each other, then focus there. If they share a common ground, power,  or the 5v reference for each one shares the same junction, those would be areas I'd be looking. If that all checks out,  the sensors are bad. Back in the day, I'd have said there's no way 2 sensors could fail at the same time. Today, I'd bet on it.