Anyone seen the transmission class action lawsuit?

4 hours ago, Joppy818 said:

The 8l90 is a defective. Based on my research there is a class action lawsuit.  I have had three repairs ( TCC recall, new valve body, reprogramming. ) my miles did not warrant any maintenance. 

I will let you know how it turns out. S

Did you get the flush done.I just had it done, I would never think that changing fluid would make that much of difference.My shift points are great now,no more clunking.

• 3 months later...

I had my trans flushed at 88k miles, as a maintenance item. Trans was running great.

Fast forward to 120k miles and the entire thing went boom! Had to get a new rebuild done. 

I blame the flush. Pan drop and filter change is better than just a flush.

• 4 months later...

Just starting to get this problem with my 2017 Silverado 6 speed. It has 26000 miles on it and is beginning to shudder in mornings, at 30 mph and after about an 20 min. of driving it’s starts to calm down. Any suggestions on what I should do and what route I should take. I’ve taken it to tow different dealers and one person felt it but would not talk to me about it. Both dealers said there was nothing wrong with it. 

4 hours ago, SmasherP said:

Please send info of where I can file for this class action lawsuit. 

This thread is about the 8-speed and no talks of the 6-speed that has been around since 2007.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2020 Colorado basic model for work purchased from deLuz Chev. in Hilo Hawaii. Major hesitation with shifting (especially when going up hills)  Head mechanic acknoledged the problem but there was no fix currently.....management however told me a couple days later that he discovered no problems at all. When I suggested that I play a recording of his acknowledgment for the management they went silent :) Thats when the owners wanted to get involved but still did nothing. For a 2020!? 

Does anyone have any information about this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 11:34 PM, B Jenkins said:

I have a 17 Yukon 5.3 with 6sp.  I began experiencing the shudder around 40k.  Are there others with a 6sp experiencing the shudder?  GM bulletin 16-NA-175 only covers 8sp tranny>  Help!

I also have a 6 speed with the same problem. I notice it most when going up hill and if I give it a little gas to maintain speed it feels like it wants to kick down but just jerks.

Here is a link a youtube video from an automotive lawyer about the lawsuit.  GM's claim in the suit is they do not need to cover the warranty as the problems are with the design, not a material or workmanship problem.

11 hours ago, bbwb said:

GM's claim in the suit is they do not need to cover the warranty as the problems are with the design, not a material or workmanship problem.

Good to know!

GM says:

"I make a crappy transmission and it isn't my fault because I use good materials and my workmanship is divine". 

NEXT!!!

A horse is looking better and better all the time.

?

• 3 months later...

Just had the dealer do a pan drop and filter done to be 6 speed. I was curious how they do flush with the trans thermostat we have. Since you can flush a damn thing unless the trans thermostat is bypassed or the fluid they are flushing with is pre heated to 190+ degrees.

they said they don’t do flushes, they drop the pan and filter and 6-7 quarts come out. When I asked about all the fluid in the cooler they just kinda shrugged.

Wtf.

I could feel my trans starting to slip at 62k miles, feels a lot tighter now. Definitely would have failed around 100k I hadn’t done it.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:44 AM, 1SLOW1500 said:

Oh and the vacuum pump for the brake booster is an class action. IMO that needs to be addressed as it isn't about if but rather when it goes out. As it takes out the line,pump,master brake booster and more.

For legal purposes 150K is considered a 'lifetime'. I'm just under 140K with the original booster pump. What will I get if I make it to 150K? OH...I want the big Teddy Bear!! 

Lord I wish this guy wasn't run off. Miss ya 1SLOW1500! 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 10:02 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

For legal purposes 150K is considered a 'lifetime'. I'm just under 140K with the original booster pump. What will I get if I make it to 150K? OH...I want the big Teddy Bear!! 

Lord I wish this guy wasn't run off. Miss ya 1SLOW1500! 

Thinking you have better odds of getting this....

See the source image

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Well for me my 2014 Silverado crew cab Z71LTZ transmission lasted for about 110k miles and started the hard shifting and now at 118k it started slipping and shuttering. Took it to dealership last week and was told it was toast and not re-buildable and that I was looking at 5k to replace it with a new updated transmission. Now I also took it to the same dealership for transmission service at 75k they flushed it and refilled. So now until I can fix I have a 30k paper weight for a truck. Had Chevy trucks my entire adult life but it's looking like that will need to change because after we the people bailed out GM they are nowhere to help bail us out.