Anyone lost brakes besides me.

19 hours ago, Chris anderson said:

Had this happen exactly as described two hours ago.  2019 Sierra Denali.  Also got an OnStar notification email noting the failure and telling me to take it in for service within 7 days.  As others have said, brakes came back but engine light stayed on.  It is now at dealership for service.  

Dealer did software update:  service bulletinPIT5728B

A33CCA5A-DAD5-4EF9-A510-8D14E14D1BB1.jpeg

Edited by Chris anderson

7 minutes ago, Chris anderson said:

Dealer did software update:  service bulletinPIT5728B

A33CCA5A-DAD5-4EF9-A510-8D14E14D1BB1.jpeg

Finally somebody had a problem while backing up I have $1000 worth of damageFinally somebody had a problem while backing up I have $1000 worth of damage

I bought my 2020 Silverado RST Z71 with 3.0 Duramax on January 18, 2020. Yesterday I had the 3 message brake failure most are describing here upon push button start at 971 miles. Had no brakes at all and clicking under the dash but luckily I was off-road at the time and never accelerated past a slow idle. I restarted the truck and was left with a check engine light and the brakes were restored. I have never used the APP. to start. I drove to the dealership and got a loaner Malibu. Today the dealership called and said the truck was done. The paperwork said the updated it with PIT5730 but I did not get a copy of it of the actual TSB. Has anyone had this update with success? Thanks!

I had my recall for brakes completed today. So far, knock on wood, no problems. I’ll try starting the truck remotely and thru the app in the morning to see if the errors come up. When it happened 10k km ago, I used the Start/Stop button and it only lit up the dash when I was in the dealer car wash. 

11 hours ago, Silverado3.0 said:

I bought my 2020 Silverado RST Z71 with 3.0 Duramax on January 18, 2020. Yesterday I had the 3 message brake failure most are describing here upon push button start at 971 miles. Had no brakes at all and clicking under the dash but luckily I was off-road at the time and never accelerated past a slow idle. I restarted the truck and was left with a check engine light and the brakes were restored. I have never used the APP. to start. I drove to the dealership and got a loaner Malibu. Today the dealership called and said the truck was done. The paperwork said the updated it with PIT5730 but I did not get a copy of it of the actual TSB. Has anyone had this update with success? Thanks!

Interesting. Since PIT5728B was the last brake fix, I wonder what PIT5730 is for if they go in numerical order? I have had all the TSBs and recalls done and PIT5730 was not one of them. If anyone has paperwork or seen this PIT, please post.

1 hour ago, pstrouse167 said:

That's me with my Denali in the picture....

• Like 4

I don't understand how they can say the issue was caused by the recent update when people on here have reported having the issue before having that update. That and the mention of using remote start, when once again people have reported getting the issue without using remote start. As a programmer myself I know how difficult it is to fix a problem when you don't know what causes it and it seems like they don't really know the cause here.

• Like 1

It’s January 29, 2020 and almost same situation with my brakes happened last night. Driving on highway, stepped on brakes to slow down, they were “spongy” or took pumping to even slow down. Pulled off and had to coast to a stop as brakes finally failed. I called Dealership service Department immediately (it’s a new pickup, have 1,000 miles on it). They sent a tow truck and towed it to their service department. I’m waiting to hear what issues are and have it repaired. I couldn’t imagine continuing to drive it even if it were to go away after sitting for a bit (I didn’t turn back on to test brakes again). At the very least it needs to be checked out and me told what is causing this, then repaired. Then repaired or a resolution to issue found. I’ll report back what they found. It was pretty shocking to be driving along then realize my brakes weren’t working. Coasting to a full stop immediately and calling service was the best decision for me. The dealership was very helpful and promptly sent a tow truck. Hopefully they continue to resolve this. 

Edited by Emusedone
I typed wrong date

28 minutes ago, bobboberton1 said:

Have you had the most recent update performed that was released Jan 16?

I have not. I’m kind of in the sweet spot on this one. Had the oil changed at a GMC dealer December 27, and I think they did three recalls at that time. Some they couldn’t do, because GM is now making them send Chevrolet products to Chevrolet dealers, apparently as part of their efforts to separate the two product lines. 

I have not been notified of ANY recalls on this truck, even though this is the most dangerous defect since the Ford Pinto, in my opinion. 

SORRY FELLAS I DON"T THINK THE FIX IS GOOD.

Had 18,000 miles and no problems.  Went in this Monday 1/27 for three recalls, was assured the new calibration update was NOT causing problems. Went to pick up the truck in the evening - had a check engine light for DTC U0129 lost comm brake system control module (had a scanner with me) which they claimed was NOT at all present during or after the programming.  The next day I was assured that they checked everything and did multiple test drives and found no issues. I went to pick it up again and guess what, no remote start due to current DTC's which somehow magically appeared again and nobody at the dealership could experience so I had to.  It had 13 codes, 11 from BCM, 3 from TCM and 1 from SRS.   Codes have been cleared and now I am waiting for the next problem.   

So three trips to the dealer now and a truck that was working fine is F'd. I'm just waiting for my brake failure at this point.  

Edited by Leevon

23 minutes ago, David Eifling said:
1 hour ago, bobboberton1 said:

Have you had the most recent update performed that was released Jan 16?

I have not. I’m kind of in the sweet spot on this one. Had the oil changed at a GMC dealer December 27, and I think they did three recalls at that time. Some they couldn’t do, because GM is now making them send Chevrolet products to Chevrolet dealers, apparently as part of their efforts to separate the two product lines. 

I have not been notified of ANY recalls on this truck, even though this is the most dangerous defect since the Ford Pinto, in my opinion. 

For me, strangely I got the notification of an available software update on my in dash screen. I didn’t hit Install Now. I wanted to wait until I was home and in the evening to download it. I got home that evening and still didn’t request to download it. But it was the next day I got in to drive it and the brakes failed. I wonder if it downloaded the update the previous night. The pickup is at the dealership now getting looked at and fixed or I’d go see if it did download it. This whole situation is stressful. I had all the screen alerts as well. I had no idea there was an issue, a recall, nothing. I haven’t heard back from them yet and I’m stranded with no vehicle. Fortunately I got a ride to my daughters home to wait. Here I sit.