Anyone lost brakes besides me.

Interesting. Since PIT5728B was the last brake fix, I wonder what PIT5730 is for if they go in numerical order? I have had all the TSBs and recalls done and PIT5730 was not one of them. If anyone has paperwork or seen this PIT, please post.

PIT 5730 is for the 2020 the PIT 5728B is for 2019. Per my dealership 

29 minutes ago, slednchick said:

Start sending emails to whomever will listen! Maybe if they get tired enough of listening to it they will do something! 

https://craft.co/general-motors/executives

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2020/01/29/gm-recall-causes-brake-failure-potentially-thousands-pickups/4598068002/

29 minutes ago, slednchick said:

Start sending emails to whomever will listen! Maybe if they get tired enough of listening to it they will do something! 

https://craft.co/general-motors/executives

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2020/01/29/gm-recall-causes-brake-failure-potentially-thousands-pickups/4598068002/

It is even more frustrating now that I have read the article because it becomes painfully honest just how long GM has known about this problem. Ugh! My brakes failed at 6500 miles on December 21st and I haven't had it back since. I refuse to put my family in this truck! I don't have any faith in the fix either. They claim it was caused by the recall but some had this issue prior to the recall being done. Also claiming that the app is the problem?? Some have had this issue without using the app!

Edited by slednchick

2 hours ago, Leevon said:

SORRY FELLAS I DON"T THINK THE FIX IS GOOD.

Had 18,000 miles and no problems.  Went in this Monday 1/27 for three recalls, was assured the new calibration update was NOT causing problems. Went to pick up the truck in the evening - had a check engine light for DTC U0129 lost comm brake system control module (had a scanner with me) which they claimed was NOT at all present during or after the programming.  The next day I was assured that they checked everything and did multiple test drives and found no issues. I went to pick it up again and guess what, no remote start due to current DTC's which somehow magically appeared again and nobody at the dealership could experience so I had to.  It had 13 codes, 11 from BCM, 3 from TCM and 1 from SRS.   Codes have been cleared and now I am waiting for the next problem.   

So three trips to the dealer now and a truck that was working fine is F'd. I'm just waiting for my brake failure at this point.  

I can also guarantee your dealership did not do PIT5728B after doing the initial recalls. I was without my truck for a month waiting for this to be remedied. Have them do the above TSB I've had my truck back almost 2 weeks and no issues with remote or app starts since.

32 minutes ago, slednchick said:

It is even more frustrating now that I have read the article because it becomes painfully honest just how long GM has known about this problem. Ugh! My brakes failed at 6500 miles on December 21st and I haven't had it back since. I refuse to put my family in this truck! I don't have any faith in the fix either. They claim it was caused by the recall but some had this issue prior to the recall being done. Also claiming that the app is the problem?? Some have had this issue without using the app!

Anyone with issues prior to the recall will still probably have issues and my guess is defect parts. I had issues after the initial recall both starting it with the app and key fob remote start. No issues since PIT5728B was preformed to my truck. 

2 hours ago, Emusedone said:

For me, strangely I got the notification of an available software update on my in dash screen. I didn’t hit Install Now. I wanted to wait until I was home and in the evening to download it. I got home that evening and still didn’t request to download it. But it was the next day I got in to drive it and the brakes failed. I wonder if it downloaded the update the previous night. The pickup is at the dealership now getting looked at and fixed or I’d go see if it did download it. This whole situation is stressful. I had all the screen alerts as well. I had no idea there was an issue, a recall, nothing. I haven’t heard back from them yet and I’m stranded with no vehicle. Fortunately I got a ride to my daughters home to wait. Here I sit. 

Now that you mention it, I got that update message yesterday, too. I updated it while I was in the gym yesterday morning. So if that update was supposed to fix it, it doesn’t. 

This entire situation is pretty crazy. My brakes failed last night. I immediately pulled over and called. A tow truck took it to dealership. I’m STILL stranded in town where I had to pull over. I’ve been calling the dealership all day asking status and telling them I’m stranded. I’m told it hasn’t been looked at yet because they have to work me into their service appointments for the day. So it’s been almost 24 hours and I’m still stranded Waiting for dealership to look at pickup. It’s a 2019, I’ve had it for 4 months. Thank you all for the information, it helps in seeing the extent of the problem and what I may be looking at is resolving it. If it’s even possible. I guess patience is a virtue! Thank you everyone for the help. Susie

My experience was similar to the other bloggers. On Dec 28th, 2019 I took the truck in to fix a variety of things not working (climate control knobs didn't work, back gate wouldn't latch shut, a host of other things), including that when I bought the car back in November, I got home and noticed the brake pad life was at 64%. Must have been a rough drive home with the new car to wear down 36% of my pads. so they said they addressed the pad issues, but actually didn't. It still read 64% when I got the car the next day, Anyway, On Jan 3rd I was driving down my driveway, TOTAL BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURE, 62 MPH max, bla bla, I totally lost my brakes (babies in two(2) child car seats in the back, going to Noodles & Company for dinner), and a car was coming westbound and almost slammed into me. It took 3 hours for the GM tow to arrive. evening ruined. So they finally called me Monday 01.27.20 to say they finally got a fix. Just got my truck back yesterday. Attached are the service notes. Hey bloggers, nothing against Chevy- I have a 2013 volt and it's been great. I'm not bashing chevy, but honestly, where has the moral compass of corporate America vanished to? Nobody from GM ever reached out to me to provide any updates, I had to keep calling the dealer to get news. I do drive around a 3-yr old & a 5-yr old. I'm a bit concerned about keeping the truck, guys this experience was mortifying. I went to look at a 2019 RAM, , ok I know don't say that on the chevy site- but really, it's a nice truck and I'd feel safer. thoughts on the RAM anyone?

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

9 minutes ago, David Eifling said:

Now that you mention it, I got that update message yesterday, too. I updated it while I was in the gym yesterday morning. So if that update was supposed to fix it, it doesn’t. 

Sure didn’t fix mine either. I hope they’ll figure out all these recalls and notices. 

1 hour ago, Emusedone said:

This entire situation is pretty crazy. My brakes failed last night. I immediately pulled over and called. A tow truck took it to dealership. I’m STILL stranded in town where I had to pull over. I’ve been calling the dealership all day asking status and telling them I’m stranded. I’m told it hasn’t been looked at yet because they have to work me into their service appointments for the day. So it’s been almost 24 hours and I’m still stranded Waiting for dealership to look at pickup. It’s a 2019, I’ve had it for 4 months. Thank you all for the information, it helps in seeing the extent of the problem and what I may be looking at is resolving it. If it’s even possible. I guess patience is a virtue! Thank you everyone for the help. Susie

Sorry about your predicament. Have you had any brake TSBs or recalls done since Dec 1 2019? There was one recall N192268090 that GM was performing at that time which caused a failure of the brakes. This failure could be greatly induced by the owner using the Onstar Remote App to start the vehicle. GM came out with a TSB PIT5728A that stated that. GM then released TSB PIT5728B which fixed the problem created by N192268090. There was a article in the Detroit Free Press today about this same problem. So if this situation fits you, have the dealership look into applying PIT5728B.

• Like 1