Anyone lost brakes besides me.

I have the same problem as everyone else.  Has happened a total of 6 times since the brake recall, but only after remote starting.  Never happened while the vehicle was in motion.

Of all the people here, how many instances of this failure has happened since the brake recall?

24 minutes ago, blackbay2005 said:

I have the same problem as everyone else.  Has happened a total of 6 times since the brake recall, but only after remote starting.  Never happened while the vehicle was in motion.

Of all the people here, how many instances of this failure has happened since the brake recall?

Three times for my truck. All since the recall on Dec. 30th.

Edited by Shawn O'Leary

No issues before recall, recall done on on Dec 18/19, have put on 3000km since and has happened more than 10x, never in motion and started by app.

Shut truck off and restart and brake messages go away and everything works except CEL stayed on. All of a sudden yesterday the CEL is gone now too.

I’m waiting for a couple weeks to see if others have success with the “fix” before going to the dealer to have it done. Last time they had a fix it was good for 9 days and then did it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1646847603_IMG_93552.thumb.JPG.ea639b59f28b9bb08e107ca724cf7a36.JPGThis has now happened to me 4-5 times, it is now in the dealership. First few times it skipped and the dash light up, the last two times were bad, no brakes and both times an intersection.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png I almost rolled right into the traffic of a semi going 60 MPH. Dealer is saying that it has something to do with the My Chevrolet app. I don't know if i believe that. It was not a fun experience, I thought it had something to do with the weather and being freezing cold here in Minnesota. But that is not the case. Either way it shouldn't happen. 

IMG_9353[1].JPG

Edited by BDuscher
add more photos

Just got off the phone with GM, I sent them a certified letter per MD State Lemon Law and they have called me everyday until they could reach me. Since my truck was serviced on the 1/9/2020 where the dealer replaced the Brake control module I have had 1 occurrence where i cycled power and the situation went away with no CEL. Alexis at GM stated the dealer is going to reach out to me to provide me with a loaner as they (GM) does not want me driving the vehicle considering the severity of brake failure. I will update when I know more. 

• Like 1

I am going to pick my truck up from the dealer now. They have had it for 4 weeks as of today and i been driving a base model 1500 loaner. Both times mine malfunctioned was after the recall, and i used my app to start. I plan on just using the key fob to start for the next month, and if no issues then ill try the app again.

Received a text from my local Chevy dealer yesterday letting me know that GM has figured out a fix for the Brake Problem.  I asked her to send me the documentation.  I have attached it for your review...  I do not have a lot of confidence at this point, but what else can I do but take their word for it and see what happens!  They told me today that my truck is fixed and ready for pickup.  Wish me luck!  I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes..

PIT5728B - BSCM DTCs P0606 C0021 Set After BSCM Reprogrammed For N192268090 - N192264451 - N192210460 - (Jan 15, 2020).pdf

Just picked up the truck after the latest upgrade. They called me at home and had me start it from the app a couple of times, checked some readings, then do it again. They say the new upgrade seems not to be throwing any codes after using the app and all seems fine. I drove it around for 20 minutes or so after getting it back and had no issues. So, we'll see.....

I use the app to remote start often and I haven’t had that issue. My dealer did reprogram the after bleeding the brakes a few time’s and it hasn’t happened again. That was July 2019 and 10,000 km ago. Not sure if I’m the lucky one or that I’m due for it to happen again... 

I have the brakes loose power back on 10/31/19, took it in and they reprogrammed the brakes.  No issues and then last month took it in for service and found 3 recalls, one was for the brake system, they did their fix and last Saturday helping my brother move I had my truck loaded with close to 1,000 pounds. When I started the engine -without the remote- I got a brake system malfunction warning light.  Great it was 2 am and had to go up and down the grape vine on the 5 freeway.  What a joke!  Third problem now related to the brakes and Chevy is offering to buy it back!  Well, I’ve spent close to $7,000 on after market upgrades, doubt they’re going to pay me for this. This has become the worst new car or any car purchase EVER!  Not buying Chevys any longer!” I shouldn’t have to worry about braking issues on a a new $50,000 vehicle, not to mention my family’s safety and that I don’t have time to be visiting the dealer 10 times in 6 months!  I’m done with Chevy!

4F9B6E88-92B1-4696-BC34-DBF8F35B0386.jpeg

I picked up my truck last night and i am 100% not comfortable driving. I am on the phone now with GM 1-800-462-8782 filing a complaint. Wow how nice they are. I recommend calling and seeing what they can do for you. I don't understand the claim they are making about the repair and how so many people have the issues and yet there are so many remedies to fix it. But to claim that the remote feature form my chevrolet app or on star app is causing brake failure, REALLY ! Wow,

There are two many brake issues with this year vehicle.

I've been speaking with an automotive reporter at the Detroit Free Press about these post-recall brake problems. She's talking with GM and is looking for other owners willing to talk on the record about these problems, GM's response/non-response, etc. Her name is Jamie Lareau and her email is [email protected] . She asked that I post her email in case any of you wish to speak with her. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Pete’s said:

I have the brakes loose power back on 10/31/19, took it in and they reprogrammed the brakes.  No issues and then last month took it in for service and found 3 recalls, one was for the brake system, they did their fix and last Saturday helping my brother move I had my truck loaded with close to 1,000 pounds. When I started the engine -without the remote- I got a brake system malfunction warning light.  Great it was 2 am and had to go up and down the grape vine on the 5 freeway.  What a joke!  Third problem now related to the brakes and Chevy is offering to buy it back!  Well, I’ve spent close to $7,000 on after market upgrades, doubt they’re going to pay me for this. This has become the worst new car or any car purchase EVER!  Not buying Chevys any longer!” I shouldn’t have to worry about braking issues on a a new $50,000 vehicle, not to mention my family’s safety and that I don’t have time to be visiting the dealer 10 times in 6 months!  I’m done with Chevy!

4F9B6E88-92B1-4696-BC34-DBF8F35B0386.jpeg

GM has offered to buy your truck back?