Anyone lost brakes besides me.

Not sure how to merge other feeds of the same topic, but I thought I would at least put the link to another feed I am following on here about this same issue.

What can we do from a legal perspective?  Can we demand GM/Chevy purchase these vehicles back from us so we can start over with a new truck?

1 minute ago, Jack Christensen said:

Not sure how to merge other feeds of the same topic, but I thought I would at least put the link to another feed I am following on here about this same issue.

What can we do from a legal perspective?  Can we demand GM/Chevy purchase these vehicles back from us so we can start over with a new truck?

One of the questions I'd ask a lawyer. Basically, if you're like me, GM's recall has created intermittent braking and destroyed my collision mitigation system. Nice combination!

Glad I haven’t taken mine in yet (i started the 2 new recall thread), purchased 1/19 19k miles currently no brake or cel issues. Still waiting for the “real fix” to be released, btw i never have used the app on this truck.

Edited by Kevin0311

Exactly the same happened last Friday, on Wednesday dealer did a Brake recall and Friday lost like 95% of my brakes, it took about 300ft to stop it, I almost crash with family in car. Saturday called the dealer, i call Chevrolet Road Assist and tow it there, today they called me and tell me they contact Chevrolet Support and no parts were required so how do they fixed? its a software issue? do they deleted the last software update and restore the previous revision? I often tow my 9K lbs RV, can't imagine what will occur if that happens while towing my RV.  after reading all the posts about the vacuum pump and master cylinders issues i don't know what challenges should i do now against GM or the dealer.

Any advice will be much appreciated, i don't trust my car!

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

I'm not a lawyer and don't claim to be so do not accept this as legal advice..Based on my research for the state of MD Lemon Law, the  manufacturer has 1 attempt to fix a brake or steering related issue. The consumer must send a written letter via certified mail to the manufacturer stating the problem and setting expectations including all service tickets. After opening a case with GM when I got my truck back on 1/9/2020 where my dealer replaced the brake control module I asked for the address and sent the letter proactively. At minimum I am going to request GM to extend the warranty on the vehicle. Research your local lemon law, Most states do not require an attorney. 

I also had a total brake system failure this morning while driving in rush-hour traffic. Not sue how I didn't run into anyone or made it safely, but someone was watching out. Upon talking to the service rep and mechanic at my dealer, both openly stated it was a known issue that they do not have a permanent fix for and sometimes the software updates and sometimes it doesn't! Couldn't believe that stated that out-loud! There has to be some kind of legal action to GM knowingly sending us out to drive a vehicle that may or may not have brakes! This cannot be brushed under the rug as a "recall". Lemon laws make it almost impossible to claim a vehicle a "lemon" and in this case where the issue has life and death ramifications, one should not have to go in 4 times (Nebraska law) to call it a "lemon". I've actually had brake issues 3 times now! Entirely unreasonable. 

On 1/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, Booger T said:

Mine did this a couple of nights ago. Had very little for brakes till I got home, about 4 miles. Next morning everything seemed fine except check engine light was on. That evening when I got off work the check engine light was no longer on. Was also  showing service trailer brake system and service ESC. Going to dealer tomorrow afternoon.

brake.jpg

So "happy" to learn I'm not the only one. Same thing happened here, 2019 1500 LT. Dropping off at dealer tonight.

9 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

There are trucks that experienced brake loss indication before any recalls and had the master cylinder, brake booster and brake control module replaced. Most of those vehicles were fix while a few were not.

I was one of these, brakes failing, 4 times and still wasn't fixed,  brakes sounding like a wounded elephant when backing out of garage plus infotainment screen issues. Got tired of all the crap, traded the POS for a 2020 with the 3.0 duramax. Happy so far?

Got in the truck to come home from work and CEL on start up. Took it to the dealer and took home a loaner. Got a call that it has to do with the brake update again. This is beyond absurd. 

20200113_152954.jpg

Edited by Shawn O'Leary

1 hour ago, Booger T said:

I was one of these, brakes failing, 4 times and still wasn't fixed,  brakes sounding like a wounded elephant when backing out of garage plus infotainment screen issues. Got tired of all the crap, traded the POS for a 2020 with the 3.0 duramax. Happy so far?

What the hell is up with that wounded elephant sound !!!! Mine started that about a week ago and it freaked me out! Only when backing up and it’s loud as shit! 3100 miles 5 months old. 

20 minutes ago, batman900 said:

What the hell is up with that wounded elephant sound !!!! Mine started that about a week ago and it freaked me out! Only when backing up and it’s loud as shit! 3100 miles 5 months old. 

Dealer never did figure it out, changed both back rotors, calipers and brake pads right at the start, seemed to get better then came back worse than ever, even started doing it to a lesser degree when first taking off in forward. Definitely  worse when cold. Was at 21,000 mi when I traded and it was still making the noise.

Question for those of you who are on your second or more return to dealer to fix...  I know in some cases, the dealer is just keeping your truck while they wait for a fix.  Others are claiming they have it fixed and giving it back for the same issues to pop up.

What is your plan for the long term?  I ask because im taking mine in tomorrow for the 2nd time.  I know that they are going to clear the CEL and say they did this that or the other to fix it, claim its good to go, and its not going to work.  Do I just keep playing the back and forth game with the dealership and hope for the best?

My dealer offered me a loaner. I’m not going back until this is confirmed fixed. Sick of it.

I also have opened a case with GM - spoke to them today and they acted like they have never heard of this issue.

Dealer called me today and said that GM has told them there is a possible fix coming Jan.17th. After all this I am doubtful.

I’m in Canada so not sure if that changes things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1